Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - You Got To Eat Your Pudding!

mbayshark

Expert Member
Tuning the flatty....low and slow.
Getting there.
564d5e31de88fbe6534526bc01dac134.jpg

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Cheers guys.

Busy testing some local campsites for @Papa Smurf when he passes through town in a couple of months. Trying to find a place where he won't offend to many peoples with his drunken naked camping adventures.

Have a good one.
633e25ec3c5b2e06d563a5b77951be9d.jpg
Perfect location :thumbsup:
Im thinking Saturday 1 May 2021 for now as that is our last day on the Otter Trail.

SAguy

Executive Member
Does anyone have one of these.. or used one?

1611576186550.png

May not make the perfect pizza, but like the idea of using it as a oven in general on the braai.

SAguy

Executive Member
My 2 pop rivets holding a small heat shield plate inside my kettle drum melted in December, I had the fire well over 450 degrees celcius inside. I wont be doing that again
450 degrees seems a bit on the hot side though hey... damn.

Kola_CT

Expert Member
Does anyone have one of these.. or used one?

View attachment 1000324

May not make the perfect pizza, but like the idea of using it as a oven in general on the braai.

Looks flimsy to me, and likely to warp.

If it was only maybe rivets, those can be replaced with SS if not already SS.

For pizza you need proper heat, I want 350 degrees minimum in the pizza oven and then flames over the top too.

SAguy

Executive Member
Not for pizzas no it isnt, 450 is minimum, i would like to go to 600 and the pros overseas will go 900
ah ok... didn't know that.
Would have loved a proper pizza oven, but space doesn't allow sadly.

SAguy

Executive Member
Looks flimsy to me, and likely to warp.

If it was only maybe rivets, those can be replaced with SS if not already SS.

For pizza you need proper heat, I want 350 degrees minimum in the pizza oven and then flames over the top too.
yeah, main use for me would probably not be for pizza - more for cooking food, breads and puddings

Kola_CT

Expert Member
yeah, main use for me would probably not be for pizza - more for cooking food, breads and puddings

For that I think it will be great.

Am sure it will make an acceptable pizza, maybe the oven has turned me into a bit of a snob :D

heartbroken

Expert Member
Really want to braai again tonight, but we still have left overs from yesterday. Plus I usually drink too much when I braai and it's a week night.

SAguy

Executive Member
Really want to braai again tonight, but we still have left overs from yesterday. Plus I usually drink too much when I braai and it's a week night.
Same, I wanted to make a creamy chicken potjie - but I still have leftover burger patties I braai'd yesterday.

Never really lit the fire for just patties before the start of the year - always seemed like a waste of wood, but since doing it a few times I've realised that all takeaway burgers now suck. Only need a few pieces of wood too.