Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - You Got To Eat Your Pudding!

Stokstert

Executive Member
Anyone tried these yet? Thought I'd give it a go, although probably only like 1% of some watered down wagyu beef

View attachment 1001038

That's just lean beef mince with a lot more fat to justify a much higher price.

I have bought one packet of those Wagyu beef burgers today from Fruit and Veg but have not used it yet. I always try something new to be able to voice an opinion.

SAguy

Executive Member
That's just lean beef mince with a lot more fat to justify a much higher price.

I have bought one packet of those Wagyu beef burgers today from Fruit and Veg but have not used it yet. I always try something new to be able to voice an opinion.
Just braai'd a couple now to test while I make potjie

Actually not bad tbh. Shrunk of course due to high fat content, but it stayed tender and moist.
Very little seasoning which I like, I prefer to season and marinade if I want to myself.

Definitely a good supermarket patty for burger night. Only complaint is that there were a couple of small hard pieces in the one patty I had, cartilage and so on.

FrankyF

Expert Member
Small one
cb0ebf8127e8a79c55719e7efcd6187c.jpg

SAguy

Executive Member
Holy sheet! You just made me realise I havent seen my Zippo since my brother left the day after New Years. Let me start looking. That bastard begged me to take it and we were both lekke getoor at the time :unsure:
I have a theory that no one has actually bought a Zippo in at least the last 20 years. It's just the same batch that's being swiped and stolen over and over again.

Grouter

Expert Member
I have a theory that no one has actually bought a Zippo in at least the last 20 years. It's just the same batch that's being swiped and stolen over and over again.
Here's a small list of the waterways I have thrown some of my zippos into over the years, while shouting (to myself):
"I'm NEVER going to smoke another cigarette EVER again!"

Sydney Harbour.
Lake Wakatipu, NZ.
River Orwell, Suffolk.
River Thames, London.
V & A Waterfront, CT.
I nearly tossed one into Loch Ness, but was enjoying my smoke too much at the time.

I vape now - smoking got too expensive, what with all the zippos I had to buy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Anyone tried these yet? Thought I'd give it a go, although probably only like 1% of some watered down wagyu beef

View attachment 1001038
No
I saw them yesterday at same price and rather chose the packet next to it for R47 for 4 smaller normal pattys.
You're the guinea pig, you tell us how they turn out and if worth the price

RanzB

Honorary Master
Just braai'd a couple now to test while I make potjie

Actually not bad tbh. Shrunk of course due to high fat content, but it stayed tender and moist.
Very little seasoning which I like, I prefer to season and marinade if I want to myself.

Definitely a good supermarket patty for burger night. Only complaint is that there were a couple of small hard pieces in the one patty I had, cartilage and so on.

I never understood the point of "wagyu" patties and sausages.

The whole point of wagyu is the natural marbling of fat in the muscle. In patties and sausages they just add in more fat when they're mincing.

Doesn't make sense to pay more for that.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Really want to braai again tonight, but we still have left overs from yesterday. Plus I usually drink too much when I braai and it's a week night.
Listen up moffie, we braai every night in this room. And there is no such thing as drinking too much, especially on a school night. No one likes a quitter.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Hamburgers again coz I'm a bachelor and can eat whatever the **** i wanna whenever i wanna

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-26 at 18.36.25.jpeg