Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Well, it's that time of the week again, and I am off, so the fridge is stocked and this fine afternoon I shall be re-attempting to make Eisbeins on the mini spit.

This fine meal shall be served with Mortymoose's famous potato salad (patent pending) , garlic bread, bratwurst and braai mielies....

I have started to prep this morning to the sounds of Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band....

This thread will be ongoing throughout the day and bet's can be placed on wether I once again Feck everything up...

Please note that I am currently sober and awaiting the ISS to fly over my town in 18 minutes before I commence the saturday morning ritual...

Current Location: The Kitchen, Oranjemund, Namibia
Drunkmeter: Sober
Marital Status: Married
Cook Progress: 0.5%

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Need to get some decent bratwursts here. What brand is that?

Windhoek Schlacterei ..... Germans up in Windhoek.....

On A side note for doing Bratwurst...

Get crispy Brotchens.... Real salted Butter..... Pan fry the bratwurst..... serve on Brotchen with Hot English Mustard....

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Inb4 other bets

Predicts burnt on the outside, raw on the inside - HO pissed off - Kentucky gets a windfall :twisted:

Dion Disco

Get crispy Brotchens.... Real salted Butter..... Pan fry the bratwurst..... serve on Brotchen with Hot English Mustard....

This what I have at the Woerman Brock coffee shop, every time I am in Windhoek - absolutely delicious !

Will be following your progress Morty - your success will be directly linked to the level of the Jameson ;-)

akescpt

Honorary Master

No idea where to get that. The Brock closed last year in somerset. Not sure where they went either. Need to search for a decent German deli or something.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
This what I have at the Woerman Brock coffee shop, every time I am in Windhoek - absolutely delicious !

Will be following your progress Morty - your success will be directly linked to the level of the Jameson ;-)

That would more than likely be the Bratwurst made by HARTLIEFS, we have two main manufacturers for the Bratwurst, and four different types...

Show Bratwurst
Thuringer Bratwurst
Coarse Bratwurst
Fine Bratwurst

Our butcher also makes his own variation when he has time...

Messugga

Honorary Master

I stay in the Kalahari sands when I'm in windhoek, and walk past that coffee shop every morning and afternoon. Never popped in, but their food does look good. Will make a plan the next time I am there

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Feck! It's all gone South.... The motor just burned out... Clips broke off.....everything collapsed ... BSOD and all... Family all laughing..... Head Office getting car keys...... But .... I shall persevere.... Manual spit....

image.jpg

image.jpg

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Moose! WTF? If it makes you feel any better, GF and I are having a good laugh. I can see what the problem is though - you only had one Gregness in that picture. Perhaps a four-pack would've been better. Or several of these:
GregnessBG.jpg

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Moose! WTF? If it makes you feel any better, GF and I are having a good laugh. I can see what the problem is though - you only had one Gregness in that picture. Perhaps a four-pack would've been better. Or several of these:
View attachment 98669

Hey Gregness, funny you mention that....here's the live snap...

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.