Most expensive products on Takealot - including Mandela artwork lithograph for R450,000

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Most expensive products on Takealot — including an eBook for R261,000

Artworks, academic books, encyclopedias, road marking pumps, jewellery, and Persian rugs are among the most expensive products you can buy on Takealot right now.

As South Africa’s most popular online store, Takealot offers thousands of products across a wide range of categories from numerous sellers.

MyBroadband recently decided to browse the store to see if we can locate the most expensive products you can buy.

We initially expected this to be some piece of tech, like an elaborate sound system or TV, given that the high-end versions of these devices tend to be very expensive.

mister

Executive Member
Will takealot honor the 30 day return policy on the book? I'd like to take a look at it :ROFL:

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur

zulucat

Expert Member
I wonder if such items would get delivered the normal way or they'd hire fidelity guard or SBV for a special delivery :ROFL:... I can't imagine a bike delivery guy rolling down the free way with haf a mil cargo on board

Xzib1t

Expert Member
I wanna meet the person that buys a Road Marking Pump on Takealot :)

eg2505

Honorary Master
I saw a underwater ROV that you can control with your phone going for 250K why isnt that on the list?

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I saw a underwater ROV that you can control with your phone going for 250K why isnt that on the list?
I would give my left nut to see that
Controlling a device underwater via phone :unsure:
Does it use sonar?

Mister 45

Executive Member
Ah tethered
That makes more sense
Coz **** all wifi or any air signals can travel underwater
nothing, zero, zilch
:thumbsup:
Yeah, I've never seen an underwater drone that isn't tethered. Not that I've done that much research, mind you. Where I stay there is only streams and farm dams which you can explore with a bucket and knee high gumboots in winter.

Edit: And before anybody asks, the bucket is so that you have a dry place to sit if you get tired exploring.

Corelli

Expert Member
The surgical gowns are R40 each. I am amazed Takealot doesnt have someone that monitors the pricing.

Makes them look like idiots.