Most pirated shows of 2019

Dan C

Honorary Master
I'm a DStv subscriber, never had to download anything.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You can't say, with absolute certainty, that Disney has no intention of ever either launching their content in SA or licensing it to someone else, ignoring that they're under no obligation to do so just because you want to watch it. Can you?

No I can’t.

But until they do so there is no license to be lost.

In strictly nautical terms it’s a bit like finding a ship out at sea with nobody on board.

Is it really stealing if nobody was there to defend it or claim ownership?

Sure they could rock up later, but in the meanwhile use it as you please.

krycor

Honorary Master
Hmmm - If a publisher creates content that is desirable to a wide audience, and it's not available by legal means to a part of that audience, then I'm afraid that accessing the material can't really be called piracy if the publisher never wanted it sold (ie marketed) there and thus never expected any return. That's my 2c

The same can be said for exam paper answers silly example but hilarious.

Uhm piracy is piracy regardless of reason for it or so we led to believe at times. I think what you getting at is that there is no financial loss to them for a market they not selling it in but it’s still piracy. when they do actualize sales in the said market, they could then put a cost on it no?

This comes down to patents and the rights of patent holders which legally is still upheld in SA. Where it gets interesting is in the pharma business..

Last edited:

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
Why wouldn't it be? You don't have an inherent right to the content.

Of course you do have an inherent right to the content. By segregating and excluding people or countries from viewing or watching any content is simply put a gross human right violation - anywhere in the world. Besides, downloading, possessing and watching any type of content in South Africa is not a criminal offence, nor is it considered piracy by any law.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Of course you do have an inherent right to the content. By segregating and excluding people or countries from viewing or watching any content is simply put a gross human right violation - anywhere in the world.

Knowing you, you're serious about this.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Sex Factor

Is it a show with a storyline that's enjoyable to follow, or more like X Factor with sex (sounds like it from the title)? You don't see X Factor on that piracy list... and I bet it has never been high on that list.

HelterSkelter

Expert Member
Is it a show with a storyline that's enjoyable to follow, or more like X Factor with sex (sounds like it from the title)? You don't see X Factor on that piracy list... and I bet it has never been high on that list.
It is an orgasmic show