Most popular browsers among SA’s IT professionals

koeks525

Expert Member
Woah, Internet Explorer visits more than Mozilla Firefox on MyBroadband....:wtf:

Well Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox....and I use Mozilla Firefox most of the time. I don't like the new theme they made, so I restored it to the old theme :D

Pitbull

Verboten
Woah, Internet Explorer visits more than Mozilla Firefox on MyBroadband....:wtf:

Well Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox....and I use Mozilla Firefox most of the time. I don't like the new theme they made, so I restored it to the old theme :D
Work PC's ;)

Executive Member
The latest MyBroadband statistics show that Google Chrome is the most popular Internet browser among South African IT professionals.

The statistics show that 40.75% of all visits to MyBroadband come from Chrome, followed by Internet Explorer on 14.32%, and Firefox on 12.63%.
I am shocked that there are more IE users than Firefox, particularly in the IT professional scene.

Dlamaqhinga

Expert Member
I Use Chrome 90% of the time and 10% is IE, those are the 2 browsers I use.

Note: I use IE to access some work applications / systems that are not compatible with the latest version of Chrome.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
The only reason for using IE would be for testing, and then telling your clients that they need to upgrade to a better browser.

kianm

Honorary Master
I Use Chrome 90% of the time and 10% is IE, those are the 2 browsers I use.

Note: I use IE to access some work applications / systems that are not compatible with the latest version of Chrome.
Same here, chrome for everything except those odd internal apps that just require IE. If it wasn't for that I would have disabled IE

sparticus

Expert Member
Chrome ftw !! I use firefox for firefly and youtube downloads even though chrome supports it as well I prefer firefox. IE I only use to test my to see if my websites looks correct in the browser to be honest.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I tired it and things did not go well so I uninstalled it, is it still in the testing phase?
It's official download if you select 64Bit version so doubt is a Beta.

Running on 3 PC's with no issues.

sajunky

Honorary Master
I am shocked that there are more IE users than Firefox, particularly in the IT professional scene.
This is because MyBB programmers don't like IE. :)
I use IE 90% of the time, 10% Chrome. This is because:

1. I can disable lot of rubbish, active content which I don't need at all.
2. IE takes much less resources when working on multiple windows.

TheBossMan

Expert Member
I just hate Chrome, but use a mix between IE11 and Firefox, each has it own purposes. IE more for business related browsing and Firefox more for casual browsing like Youtube and so on.

I use both about equally. But the IE on the Metro / Modern side in Win8 won't see me soon. I prefer the desktop version still. I don't need no fancy themes and so on, just plain browser is ok.

Last edited:

BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
This is surprising. I find Opera to far outperform all other browsers.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Those companies that force IE on their IT pros need to charged with human rights violations. That kind of abuse should not be tolerated.
agree with you there, how bad must a browser be for micosoft to bribe people with free pizza to use IE?
if you remember 2013 at all....