Pakka

Expert Member
Interresting to see Android so far below iOS...

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away....

Niren_M

Since most Symbian phones are Nokia's, this proves that Nokia is still the dominant player in the handset market.

recre8

The charts are too small to see much. Why is Nokia still so prevalent? Hopefully Blackberry will go the same way soon.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
LIES ALL LIES! I refuse to believe it!

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Series40 does not identify itself as Symbian because it is no where near Symbian. The reason Symbian is still on top is because Nokia has such a wide product portfolio they are bound to be on top. The only way Symbian will come down is when Nokia starts making more Windows phone devices.

eltherza

Expert Member
It'd be interesting to see how much traffic comes to mybb from cellphones/tablets over the traditional web browsers

macboer

Strange to see Blackberry so low, especially to be below Nokia??

"Playstation" ... LOL

[)roi(]

Executive Member
I find the South African stat on BlackBerry very surprising :confused:, would have expected that to be much higher (1st if not second).

Last edited:

[)roi(]

Executive Member
Another question about these stats, does the use of the MyBB and Tapatalk apps factor into the MyBB access numbers?

Would be interesting to see how many people use apps vs browser.

Shayd

Expert Member
I use the tapatalk app and I a? Sure many android guys do as well. I wonder of that is skewing the stats.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Mouse

Expert Member
The only way Symbian will come down is when Nokia starts making more Windows phone devices.

I thought the same thing, but not because Symbian users will switch to WP7. I think they will switch to another smartphone, like Apple or Android.

Strange to see Blackberry so low, especially to be below Nokia??

"Playstation" ... LOL

I'm surprised that people actually use the Playstation browser :p

Is Samsung an OS?

I think they meant Bada, the OS made by Samsung.

[)roi(]

Executive Member
I use the tapatalk app and I a? Sure many android guys do as well. I wonder of that is skewing the stats.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

The stated source for the MyBB data is Google... Which most likely means any app traffic would be excluded as I don't think these would/could have embedded Google analytics.

Cicero

Expert Member
Wow, I am pretty shocked with Symbian being so huge here!
You can easily see the trend with Android growing in popularity in the rest of the world...its only a matter of time until SA follows suit. Especially with our upgrade period of 2 years, those Symbian users will die out soon enough.