Most popular SA sites?

Debbie

Banned
How can one find out what are the most visited websites in South Africa?

bb_matt

Executive Member
Ahhh, that would be easy !

Mweb :)

The reason is because of their massive user base in terms of connectivity and most people totally clueless how to change their default home page - "But I thought that Mweb was teh Interweb" :D

Other than that, I don't know.

I visit 2 local sites :-

nedbank.co.za (not out of choice, but to check the sorry state of my finances)
mybroadband.co.za (the only decent website in the country)

+ all the sites I design ! :D

ic

White Walker [wearing a MyBroadband Jacket]
Super Moderator
If you have specific sites in mind, and you want to know how they compare in terms of popularity, you can check how often the domain names are requested/resolved by DNS caches ;).

mbs

Expert Member
Debbie2 said:
How can one find out what are the most visited websites in South Africa?
I have a vague recollection in the back of my mind about somebody doing a survey a while ago - wasn't it Arthur Goldstuck/ITWorx? Could also have been ITWeb/Brainstorm, or the Computing SA people - I'm too lazy too check...

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
afaik there is an annual financial mail top 100 SA sites publication...as in recall news24 was on top as the most visited; i think the ranking had more to do with sites that save you time and money as opposed to most popular

but that is probably not so anymore because the stupid tossers have now put up a notice that SA's most frequently visited site is only available to mweb members - ffs

it being SA i am aware that keo.co.za which is a rugby blog gets in excess of 30 000 page impressions a day

if you are looking for "authoritative" stats probably the bets place is the online publisher's association (www.opa.org.za)

ScrnScrm

Expert Member
dominic said:
but that is probably not so anymore because the stupid tossers have now put up a notice that SA's most frequently visited site is only available to mweb members - ffs
Huh? I go there all the time and have never seen this notice? Anybody else here seen it?

G2V

To find the most popular websites in South Africa go to:

www.ranking.com

Click on "Review Site Rankings" and search for South African sites.

Some very interesting results.

Debbie

Banned
Thanks G2V!

Now, if I just had the slightest clue about what these others are going on about.... :)