Most popular smartphones in South Africa revealed

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Most popular smartphones in South Africa revealed

The latest statistics from MTN and Vodacom reveal that the Hisense U961 is the most used smartphone on South African networks.

While high-end smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Apple iPhone dominate the news, more affordable smartphones dominate sales in South Africa.

evilskaap

Expert Member
Does anyone know where to get the Vodacom Smart Kicka 4 for R399. I cant seem to find it at that price, and the vodacom site only lists the Smart E8.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
I'm gonna get me one of these cheapies. I need a smaller, more pocketable device to track my activity stats while in the gym, running and cycling. My Note 9 is too big and heavy to cart around for those kind of things... And I have to be extra careful with it in order not break or damage it. With one of those cheapies, they'll do that sort of tracking just fine and if I loose it or break it, it's not such a big deal, for me.

Eat my shorts

Samsung Galaxy S10 and Apple iPhone.....

What iPhone? Incomplete information in article....

Sorry Mybroadband, no Nokia for you....

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I'm gonna get me one of these cheapies. I need a smaller, more pocketable device to track my activity stats while in the gym, running and cycling. My Note 9 is too big and heavy to cart around for those kind of things... And I have to be extra careful with it in order not break or damage it. With one of those cheapies, they'll do that sort of tracking just fine and if I loose it or break it, it's not such a big deal, for me.
Smart watch?

Totempole

Expert Member
A sign of the times. Those phones are pretty much representative of what I've been using up until now. The time has come that I need something with a little more kick under the hood though. :(

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Get a galaxy gear s3?

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Get a galaxy gear s3?
Now why would I do a silly thing like that, considering that I had the latest Galaxy watch. It's a very nice smartwatch, if that's your sort of thing, but it's not a priority for me. The smartwatch features are merely handy and my Vivoactive 3 can do most of the smartwatch things that the Galaxy Watch can do... And it's a dedicated, far more accurate activity and sports tracker, which is my priority.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Now why would I do a silly thing like that, considering that I had the latest Galaxy watch. It's a very nice smartwatch, if that's your sort of thing, but it's not a priority for me. The smartwatch features are merely handy and my Vivoactive 3 can do most of the smartwatch things that the Galaxy Watch can do... And it's a dedicated, far more accurate activity and sports tracker, which is my priority.
It does not do samsung pay