Most popular TV shows in South Africa for May 2021

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Most-watched TV shows in South Africa

The top three most-watched TV shows in South Africa in May were all broadcast on SABC 1, the latest television audience measurements published by the Broadcast Research Council of South Africa (BRCSA) revealed.

While online video streaming services have been growing in popularity, conventional terrestrial and satellite broadcasting still reign supreme in South Africa.

The State of the Broadcasting Industry Report of 2019 showed South Africa had 14.4 million TV households, with an audience of 38.2 million people.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
You would expect that the "family meetings" are a part of that list

zulucat

Expert Member
I was thinking that but then I noticed the FA Cup match between Chelsea and Leicester
You're right, strange that it's not really up there... But maybe people just watch the highlights of the family meeting

Swa

Honorary Master
Interesting that Doodsondes has overtaken Days of our Lives. Heck more people are watching it than all Dstv shows.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
What kak? We had The A-Team, McGyver, Moemin, Wielie Walie, Gummie Bears etc. etc. Now that was awesome.

If there was a "most watched show" thing back then, it would have been Days, Bold, Santa Barbara or Agter Elke Man type shows on top, I reckon (one-off events might be like Miss SA). Everyone watched those back in the day and they're hardly good shows.

We're spoilt for choice nowadays.

Louis72

Expert Member
7de-laan still up there? Goodness.
Ja nee.. back in Gr1 when that started. Funny enough people actually watched it back then in the middle class Afrikaans group from my observations at school.

But it needed to die almost 10 years ago already.

For

I'm looking for 7de Laan Season 1 Episode 1 in 4 April 2000. I would like to see it.If anyone has it or has access to it pls send me the link or the episode I've never seen the beginning of 7de Laan I would really like to see it

For

Madel, Christelle, Jan Hendrick, Tiaan , SP, Charmaine, Vanessa, Petra, Wilmien, Connie , Sandra, Sello , Thabile, Leon , Francois, Hilda