Most reliable mail host?

I have had it with Afrihost not responding properly or fixing a problem that some of my mails are not delivered. It is now costing me reputational damage with clients. I need to move on, and am in the market for a new host. What is the consensus on the most reliable mail host? I have very simple needs - one address, nothing fancy.
Jaco

MightyQuin

Executive Member
I have had it with Afrihost not responding properly or fixing a problem that some of my mails are not delivered. It is now costing me reputational damage with clients. I need to move on, and am in the market for a new host. What is the consensus on the most reliable mail host? I have very simple needs - one address, nothing fancy.
Jaco
Microsoft Online Exchange

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
You should ask AH to do the following:

Enable DKIM
Enable SPF
Disable greylisting

Do you recieve any bounce back email?

It could also be on their side or in their junk/spam box.

Thor

Honorary Master
Get a shared hosting package with domains.co.za and setup your own mails in cpanel.

If you struggle I will help you for free (Disclaimer, I wont migrate your emails, I will show you how step by step, I just dont have the time to do that bit), but the rest I will help you with.

MightyQuin

Executive Member
Get Microsoft Exchange Online....full Exchange functionality. If you have internet, you have email...anywhere in the world.

Why faf with ISP's and POP mail?

MightyQuin

Executive Member

Thor

Honorary Master
Exchange isn't JUST IMAP..........

Also with Online Exchange you get a 50GB mailbox for R52 per month. A fraction of the cost of your "budget" packages...OP doesn't need all those other hosting bells and whistles.
He can get a website too, if he wants pure email then Gmail ie for personal.

If it's for a business then Cpanel no excuse for a business not to have web presence in 2018.

MightyQuin

Executive Member
He can get a website too, if he wants pure email then Gmail ie for personal.

If it's for a business then Cpanel no excuse for a business not to have web presence in 2018.
Maybe read his post and see what his requirements are?

Thor

Honorary Master
Maybe read his post and see what his requirements are?
Most definitely not exchange then.

Good host with reliable email severs = he needs to migrate, preferably to domains.co.za

As long as his domain is with afrihost his DNS will be hijacked.

Werfetter

You can use Google as well even with your own domain (you can have google's mail handle you private domain emails).

Tinuva

The Magician
Use a free gmail or M$ account.
If it must be with own domain, as it should be.

Less than 10 mailboxes {you specify one} host with either:
a. Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials @ +- £3.8 /m / mailbox.
b. Google GSuite basic @ £3.3/m/ mailbox

Somewhere near +- 10 ~ +- 20 users, look at other options.
+10 for this suggestion. Stop faffing with companies hosting your mail on a single server.
-1 for the prices being in pounds instead of rands :p

UssOP

Would definitely consider GSuite or O365 for mail assurance but I prefer my normal hosting because of the price xD