Most South Africans Don’t Want Covid Shot, Many Rely on Prayer

SoldierMan

Executive Member
That’s relevant how? It’s still older, ergo yours is wrong that ones right,

So what you are saying is that the older something is the more truthful it is?

So then by that logic Spontaneous Generarion is true and Abiogenesis and Evolution are false........

Your logic has just undone all of human history in terms of religion, science and philosophy! Genius.

rvZA

Executive Member
Out of interest, will you be starting to follow or finding comfort with communist ideologies after getting the vaccine?

semaphore

Honorary Master
So what you are saying is that the older something is the more truthful it is?

So then by that logic Spontaneous Generarion is true and Abiogenesis and Evolution are false........

Your logic has just undone all of human history in terms of religion, science and philosophy! Genius.
Then please educate the members here as to why your religion is the true religion.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Oh no, go back and read your statement. The comment on irony still stands. We have the same rights to criticise and you highlighted that.
Thanks!

I know what I said and it was said to highlight your arrogance. Plain and simple. But we both know that and I'm sure everyone else does.

JohnMao

Executive Member
I know what I said and it was said to highlight your arrogance. Plain and simple. But we both know that and I'm sure everyone else does.
And this is how you're trying to swing it right? The arrogance that comes with allowing you to say what you want and how you want, and when someone replies in a way you feel offended by, you try to divert it.
OK...have at it.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
And this is how you're trying to swing it right? The arrogance that comes with allowing you to say what you want and how you want, and when someone replies in a way you feel offended by, you try to divert it.
OK...have at it.

I have every right to my opinion as do we all and we can talk and argue about it all day. No worries. My problem comes with you or anyone else telling me to leave the country because I don't like the way you force religion down your kids throat. Or any other issue I don't agree with for that matter.

Come on fella, it wasn't too hard to simply turn your arrogance around to show how ridiculous you are with the "if you don't like it, leave" narrative. Give it up now. You're making an even bigger arse of yourself than is necessary.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
A question I do have is how many people are fundamentalist christians? You know the ones who actually believe in talking snakes, a 6000 year old earth and that go created the earth before the stars etc...?

Even in my super religious family this stuff is nonsensical and subscribe to picking what they believe in. But I’ve heard fundamentalists are actually quite common.

PrettigeGert

Out of interest, will you be starting to follow or finding comfort with communist ideologies after getting the vaccine?
Depends on the strength of their 5G signal and magnets, and which direction Gates decides to steer you in.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Ah... Nothing like a thread degenerating into a religious debate again.

You cannot reason with religious people. If you could, there'd be no religious people.

Says the rabid fundamental atheist who thinks he has it all figured out :ROFL:

Nereus77

A question I do have is how many people are fundamentalist christians? You know the ones who actually believe in talking snakes, a 6000 year old earth and that go created the earth before the stars etc...?

Even in my super religious family this stuff is nonsensical and subscribe to picking what they believe in. But I’ve heard fundamentalists are actually quite common.
There's quite a number of them. A scary, large number...

KantSnyer

Expert Member
Ah... Nothing like a thread degenerating into a religious debate again.

You cannot reason with religious people. If you could, there'd be no religious people.
Admit it you're just bitter Noah didn't let you onto the ark right?

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Say's the rabid fundamentalist Christian who thinks he has it all figured out. :ROFL:

Oh, so you agree, we all have our positions and argue from that position.

So you know that there is no God then? I have always understood the agnostic viewpoint, but to be atheist means you have to make so many assumptions and wild guesses, it just doesn't make any sense. And you have to be pretty arrogant tooto say that that is how it happened.

Us Christians admit that God did it. Jesus was God in the flesh and told us what's up. The Bible is the truth. We own that.

You lot are a bunch of wild guessers and have more faith from that point than Christians do. You believe in the big bang but don't know where that energy came from, BUT you are certain it wasn't God, that's for sure. Just ridiculous.

Chunk20

Expert Member
Oh, so you agree, we all have our positions and argue from that position.

So you know that there is no God then? I have always understood the agnostic viewpoint, but to be atheist means you have to make so many assumptions and wild guesses, it just doesn't make any sense. And you have to be pretty arrogant tooto say that that is how it happened.

Us Christians admit that God did it. Jesus was God in the flesh and told us what's up. The Bible is the truth. We own that.

You lot are a bunch of wild guessers and have more faith from that point than Christians do. You believe in the big bang but don't know where that energy came from, BUT you are certain it wasn't God, that's for sure. Just ridiculous.

Atheist's are not a monolithic group, all individuals who just think the idea of god is silly.

I choose not to believe that's it.

Nereus77

I have always understood the agnostic viewpoint
Agnostic. This is the label I prefer. I'll believe in God if it can be proven he exists.

And currently his existence cannot be proven.

Televangelists praying that COVID disappears resulting in COVID persisting (and evolving) does not help the argument for God's existence.

Last edited: