Most South Africans Don’t Want Covid Shot, Many Rely on Prayer

JangoFett

Let me rephrase what does the big bang have to do with me?

I do not care.

Oh, so you agree, we all have our positions and argue from that position.

So you know that there is no God then? I have always understood the agnostic viewpoint, but to be atheist means you have to make so many assumptions and wild guesses, it just doesn't make any sense. And you have to be pretty arrogant tooto say that that is how it happened.

Us Christians admit that God did it. Jesus was God in the flesh and told us what's up. The Bible is the truth. We own that.

You lot are a bunch of wild guessers and have more faith from that point than Christians do. You believe in the big bang but don't know where that energy came from, BUT you are certain it wasn't God, that's for sure. Just ridiculous.

Atheist's are not a monolithic group, all individuals who just think the idea of god is silly.

I choose not to believe that's it.

Well that's different, so many people though laughing at my comment, I guess that means they have proof that the big bang happened by chance and wasn't initiated by God?? :D Well line up for your Nobel prizes now gents!

Oh, and how about sharing that evidence with us on the forum here too, what evidence do you have that the big band was a chance event? And what evidence do you have that the energy itself was not created and just appeared from no where or has always existed?

What it has to do with you, is that you're calling something silly, but you don't have anything less silly to replace it with. So if someone is being silly, it's you.

semaphore

Honorary Master
What it has to do with you, is that you're calling something silly, but you don't have anything less silly to replace it with. So if someone is being silly, it's you.
Or he doesn’t care about how we came into existence, so has no need to insert some theory or god creation myth. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is obsessed with the origins of our existence.

Chunk20

Expert Member

Why do I need to replace it with anything? Where does it say I need to?

I do not know or will ever know I am happy with that I do not need to believe in some fantasy to give my life meaning.

I am content with not having an answer.

Chunk20

Expert Member
Prove god doesn't exist is such a silly argument. Prove that millions of Hindu gods don't exist, prove that allah doesn't exist and then I will think about disproving your yahweh/trinity/whateverFlip you believe.

Thousands of God's in the world but no that one is the important one I must prove doesn't exist

MirageF1

Executive Member
if the vaccine actually worked as advertised ...

It does work, without shadow of doubt.

Look at the serious hospitalisations and deaths in Europe and US currently ( 100s of millions of vaccines administered) after a successfull vaccine rollout programme.

Deaths about 1-3% of what they were at peak in UK for example. Hospitalisations the same.
I'd say that's proof enough.

Of course a basic understanding of math is required. Very basic though.

semaphore

Honorary Master

Look at the serious hospitalisations and deaths in Europe and US currently ( 100s of millions of vaccines administered) after a successfull vaccine rollout programme.

Deaths about 1-3% of what they were at peak in UK for example. Hospitalisations the same.
Don’t even waste your time.

JangoFett

Why do I need to replace it with anything? Where does it say I need to?

I do not know or will ever know I am happy with that I do not need to believe in some fantasy to give my life meaning.

I am content with not having an answer.
Well, if you can't explain how we got here, you're not in any position to mock the candidate explanations. That's why.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master

missing the point, if it works, there is no need whatsoever to isolate unvaccinated people

any and all attempts to force or isolate unvaccinated people into a corner is an indication that it does not work

by the way all deaths in all countries with a significant "Delta variant" outbreak have dropped, regardless of vaccination status ...

JangoFett

Or he doesn’t care about how we came into existence, so has no need to insert some theory or god creation myth. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is obsessed with the origins of our existence.
Aha, so not caring about things is what gives one the justification to call something silly. I understand now. How silly you are. :giggle:

Chunk20

Expert Member
Well, if you can't explain how we got here, you're not in any position to mock the candidate explanations. That's why.

Yes I can and yes I will. I do not go by your rules as you dear Xarog are very insignificant.

JangoFett

Yes I can and yes I will. I do not go by your rules as you dear Xarog are very insignificant.
It's rather silly to blunder into a conversation about causation while proclaiming to not care about causation. But, I guess you have your rules. How very religious of you. ;)

Chunk20

Expert Member
It's rather silly to blunder into a conversation about causation while proclaiming to not care about causation. But, I guess you have your rules. How very religious of you. ;)

Well I really don't care for someone who is very dishonest.

MirageF1

Executive Member
missing the point, if it works, there is no need whatsoever to isolate unvaccinated people
Most definitely there is.

For their own good, pressure on medical services with people who have serious Covid symptoms and that being vaccinated doesn't guarantee you won't contract it , but does significantly lessen effects of you getting it seriously or dying from it!
any and all attempts to force or isolate unvaccinated people into a corner is an indication that it does not work
Eh? Not sure how you arrived at that one.
You taking the p*ss right?

by the way all deaths in all countries with a significant "Delta variant" outbreak have dropped, regardless of vaccination status ...
Link to substantiate. No conspiracy sites please.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Most definitely there is.

For their own good, pressure on medical services with people who have serious Covid symptoms and that being vaccinated doesn't guarantee you won't contract it , but does significantly lessen effects of you getting it seriously or dying from it!
are you listening to yourself?!? ... if say 80% plus of the population is vaccinated and if the vaccine actually reduces the pressure on medical services: the remaining 20% have no hope in hell of overloading the system even if they all become serious cases ... AND only 2% of them max will die overall anyway

there. is. no. reason. whatsoever. to. isolate. them.

Link to substantiate. No conspiracy sites please.
perhaps you can understand math better than others, here, proven mathematically with the common statistic technique of applying weighted average:

rietrot

Honorary Master

Of course a basic understanding of math is required. Very basic though.
But the vaccine doesn't stop transmission. So all of this is irrelevant. If someone doesn't want to get it the risk of them dying is purely on themselves.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
I said I find the idea of God/ God's silly yes. I do not need to prove anything because I have made no claim of existence.

You can try and say I need to prove something but I do not much like I do not need to prove Santa doesn't exist or Odin and the Easter Bunny it's just silly

My point is that you say you are 100% certain that you don't believe in God. How can you be 100% certain of anything if you don't know? 100% is knowing without a doubt.

If you 100% don't care if there is a God, that is different. But to say that you 100% don't believe that requires proof.

tetrasect

Expert Member
My point is that you say you are 100% certain that you don't believe in God. How can you be 100% certain of anything if you don't know? 100% is knowing without a doubt.

If you 100% don't care if there is a God, that is different. But to say that you 100% don't believe that requires proof.

Show me proof that flying spaghetti monster is not real. Or do you believe in that too?

Spizz

Goat Botherer

Okay. Just imagine it was possible, what proof could one produce that would prove god doesn’t exist? What evidence would you accept. Use your imagination here and tell me what I must practically do to convince you that god doesn’t exist?