MotoGP 2021

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Hmm, you'd think Suzuki would want another team running their machines to assist in gathering data.

That's what a lot of people are saying and it makes a lot of sense. Suzuki hasn't ever been a big-budget operation though, so they seem reluctant to spend. I don't ever recall them running satellite bikes to be honest.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Marc Marquez has been given the medical green light to return. He'll be back for Portimao next week.

powermzii

Expert Member
While im loving the rookies (and missing Dovi) , the sport needs the likes of MM93

thestaggy

Honorary Master

Ducati: "Gamble" Zarco proving to be rider "we thought he was"

"We are happy because Johann was a gamble by Ducati when nobody was considering him," Ciabatti told Spanish language Motorsport.com.

"I think he will be a protagonist throughout the championship.

"Johann was convinced by us to stay in MotoGP at the end of 2019, because we thought he was a talented rider.

"After a very complicated year with KTM, nobody trusted him to the extent he wanted to go back to Moto2.

"With the help of Ducati he built up a confidence with the bike over the course of 2020 that has led him to merit a move to Pramac, with bikes identical to the factory team.

"Now he is proving to be the rider we thought he was."

The article also confirms that the Pramac Ducatis are ''a factory team with another sponsor'' and that Ducati ''sees him as an equally valid option in the title fight as Jack [Miller] and Pecco [Bagnaia]."

thestaggy

Honorary Master
In case you missed it, Dovi rode the Aprilia yesterday and said ''it's an easy bike''.

They're being very tight on information coming out of the Jerez test though, so not much at the moment.

andrea-dovizioso-aprilia-1.jpg

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
In case you missed it, Dovi rode the Aprilia yesterday and said ''it's an easy bike''.

They're being very tight on information coming out of the Jerez test though, so not much at the moment.

andrea-dovizioso-aprilia-1.jpg

Yeah I saw this! Was also looking for times and whatnot but there was only a gallery. Will be interesting to see what happens going forward. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him partnering Aleix Espargaro next season.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Yeah I saw this! Was also looking for times and whatnot but there was only a gallery. Will be interesting to see what happens going forward. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him partnering Aleix Espargaro next season.

Dovi will be damn expensive, but rumours from a few weeks ago said that the higher ups within the team would push the Piaggio Group to open their wallets if the tests were positive and get Dovi on the bike this season. Savadori looks to be well out of his depth.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Footage of Dovi riding the Aprilia.

Interesting how the bike is devoid of livery and sponsorship. Is he testing the 2022 bike already? I thought he would've jumped on one of the factory bikes for his test.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Interesting how the bike is devoid of livery and sponsorship. Is he testing the 2022 bike already? I thought he would've jumped on one of the factory bikes for his test.

Testing liveries are usually barebones when compared to race liveries. Could likely come down to sponsorship agreements. ''We agree to sponsor you for the 19 official races and will only sponsor Aleix and Lorenzo''. Dovi's leathers were also devoid of sponsors.

Dovi's personal sponsors may also not want to be associated with Aprilia right now or not want him associated with Aprilia's sponsors.

Last edited:

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Check who's third at the end of FP1. Clearly no ill effects!

Capture.JPG

Brad was last, more than 5 seconds off the pace. I can only assume he had some technical or other gremlins to be so far back.

Last edited:

handyman007

As a noob, is the KTM a bit of a dog this year or is it a case of second season blues for Binder?

powermzii

Expert Member
As a noob, is the KTM a bit of a dog this year or is it a case of second season blues for Binder?
They do seem to not be as fast as last year.. Binder had also had to step in as team lead with Pol going off to Honda. Theyre gonna have to do more with less