Motorist dies after stepping on illegal connections while relieving himself on side of the road

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
What shoes, as en example, aren't?

EDIT: It's significantly simpler to assume the person was walking barefoot or that their feet went under the wires and it touched exposed skin.
Simplest answer is often the correct one so you may be right.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
If it's not an approved safety shoe, I wouldn't step on cables with it. Simple.

For example:

Nobody would, safety shoes or otherwise. That's kinda why this person is dead.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
There's a lesson here, guys: Stop, and take a piss at a shop/mall/petrol station. Don't drive 1KM past and then piss next to the road.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
And nothing will be done about this as usual.

Which prompted the little gears in my head to engage and I'm now wondering - should Eskom default on its loans with our Chinese masters, will they take Eskom over and try to cut all illegal connections off? :unsure:

Now that will start the real fun.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
And nothing will be done about this as usual.

Which prompted the little gears in my head to engage and I'm now wondering - should Eskom default on its loans with our Chinese masters, will they take Eskom over and try to cut all illegal connections off? :unsure:

Now that will start the real fun.
The truth here is that, if it weren't for all the thievery and mismanagement at Eskom, the rollout of electricity infrastructure, together with cheap electricity prices (since SA has enormous amounts of coal reserves), would've proceeded as planned in the 90's, none of this would even exist.

Oldfut

Area near us has a "minister of electricity" who organises al the illegal connections, some with fencing wire, others use the fences wires as a conductor etc. The people who get the power pay him, no dodging, it just isn't worth it. Municipality occasionally (once every few years) comes with massive security and disconnects the illegal wiring from street lights, sewer pumps etc but never follow up. The said Minister waits until they have buggered off then his minions connect it all up again. Business, S African style.

shakes1

Expert Member
No fully believe you. But the article states they removed the connections two years ago, people protested and they connected again, and then they were not cut off again. It's bullshit.
This I agree with. Utter BS. It's so prevalent, remember the Dainfern issue...

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Did he wear shoes?
They say he stepped on the cables.
Shoes wouldn't pass the current through? Would it?
"They say"
If water conducts electricity and he peed on the cable that would send a current straight back to his peen?
Nasty nasty way to go.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Area near us has a "minister of electricity" who organises al the illegal connections, some with fencing wire, others use the fences wires as a conductor etc. The people who get the power pay him, no dodging, it just isn't worth it. Municipality occasionally (once every few years) comes with massive security and disconnects the illegal wiring from street lights, sewer pumps etc but never follow up. The said Minister waits until they have buggered off then his minions connect it all up again. Business, S African style.
They should send a nice power surge through that specific transformer (especially at peak time when a lot of appliances is connected) and have said "minister of electricity" deal with the fallout...

|tera|

Master of Messengers
"They say"
If water conducts electricity and he peed on the cable that would send a current straight back to his peen?
Nasty nasty way to go.
Yep.

Is it confimed if it's the guy in the twitter video? AFAIK it's two separate evens. This guy stepped on wire, didn't leak on it.

upup

Executive Member
I am sure there is a by law prohibit you from doing that, pee next to the road.

Rajah

Honorary Master
I wonder if there was someone with him or did they just find him lying in the grass with his dick out ?

I feel for the dude but flip I hate people pissing on the side of the road. Its really dangerous to just pull over on the highway and get out the car. Then people always need to piss on something for some reason so you see yellow marks on walls etc.

FFS.... we are not animals.

I always wondered about this, saw some crap on a wall in town a few months ago, someone **** on a wall, about a meter or so up the side of the wall.

I can't even understand how you would do that. And why.

krycor

Honorary Master

I can never understand why it’s acceptable to do this.. I’ve driven in a lot in Gauteng, Western Cape and longer road trips between these and other provinces and have never felt the need to pull over end whip it out.

I suspect this may be on the municipal by-law level but I’ve not seen it ever enforced.

Reminds of the number of times I’ve seen a random guy(and lady once too) walking along the highway heading in to Cpt. Weird ****.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I can never understand why it’s acceptable to do this.. I’ve driven in a lot in Gauteng, Western Cape and longer road trips between these and other provinces and have never felt the need to pull over end whip it out.

I suspect this may be on the municipal by-law level but I’ve not seen it ever enforced.

Reminds of the number of times I’ve seen a random guy(and lady once too) walking along the highway heading in to Cpt. Weird ****.

I can only think of 2 occasions where I had to do that, and that's in 22 or some such years of driving.

Forum Reader

I can only think of 2 occasions where I had to do that, and that's in 22 or some such years of driving.

22 years is about 8000 days. So you pissed on average every 4000 days. So with say 24 million males in SA, there would be an average of 6000 of them pissing on the side of the road every day if they were like you.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
22 years is about 8000 days. So you pissed on average every 4000 days. So with say 24 million males in SA, there would be an average of 6000 of them pissing on the side of the road every day if they were like you.
Does the 24m include infants? They piss pretty much where they want to.

zophas

You could get arrested for it back in the bad old days. And many were arrested for "Urinating in public". I don't know if the by-law still exists, tho'.