Motorola Atrix review (MyBroadband)

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Well it is about time Motorola brings a new cellphone out.

They recently announced the new Motorola Razr Android device, which one of our reviewers managed to get his grubby paws on. We should be seeing a review of that shortly, I hope :)

that's one ugly phone...

I can't disagree, but it more than makes up for it in usability. My only real gripes with the Moto Atrix are: docks aren't compatible with future devices, and updates are coming out *painfully* slowly.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
that's one ugly phone...

I think it has just seen better days. It looks like its been through a lot of use...and for god's sakes....clean that screen Jan before you take pictures of it! tsk! :mad::whistling::p

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
I think it has just seen better days. It looks like its been through a lot of use...and for god's sakes....clean that screen Jan before you take pictures of it! tsk! :mad::whistling::p

But... but if I clean it certain other forumites (who shall remain nameless) say that the device has obviously not been used enough! :crying:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
But... but if I clean it certain other forumites (who shall remain nameless) say that the device has obviously not been used enough! :crying:

Like I always say...there is a difference between using your phone and abusing it and basically "trek dit deur jou hol"! lol hehehe.

Here are pictures that does the phone justice me thinks! :)

motorola-atrix-europe.jpg

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Like I always say...there is a difference between using your phone and abusing it and basically "trek dit deur jou hol"! lol hehehe.

Here are pictures that does the phone justice me thinks! :)

Objection, uncle RPM! <waits for judgement, is greeted with silence>

Those are renders, my liewe occie. They're accurate, but *not* real life :twisted: :D

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Objection, uncle RPM! <waits for judgement, is greeted with silence>

Those are renders, my liewe occie. They're accurate, but *not* real life :twisted: :D

Ja well...imagine how that poor Atrix felt...let me do some finger painting on your face and then stick you under extremely unflattering fluorescent lighting and see how you smaak it!

:p

thesones

It's not compatible with any of the new and future Motorola accessories. No thanks

Can't wait for the RAZR!

mfumbesi

Expert Member
Can you please wipe clean your reviewed phones. Your pics are a bit on the dirty side, same as the last review.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Can you please wipe clean your reviewed phones. Your pics are a bit on the dirty side, same as the last review.

Shame...poor Jan. :) I have already given him a mouth full (And MickeyMoose...I know what you thinking...tsek!) lol.

I will be watching out for the RAZR review...and may the lord have mercy on Jan if he posts pic of a RAZR with a dirty screen. Ek sal sy boude vuur warm wiks!

Elimentals

Honorary Master
Dam you HTC, just as I decided I am switching from HTC in Feb for some Moto love, they come out with this

Ready for today's grain of salt? We just got handed imagery and specs of a possible HTC device in the works codenamed the Zeta. It's a quad-core handset, much like the Edge that was leaked last week, but it has a much faster 2.5GHz APQ8064 CPU along with 1GB of RAM running the show, on a 4.5-inch 720p HD display. According to our source, the uniquely shaped smartphone will come with Ice Cream Sandwich pre-installed with Sense UI (version 4.0 wasn't specified, but we'd be surprised to see it any lower on an ICS device) and have 32GB of internal storage space, an 1,830mAh battery, Beats Audio, Bluetooth 4.0, an 8MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 1080p video capture and a 1.3MP front-facing cam. Dimensions? We have those, too: the Zeta is said to measure at 109.8 x 60.9 x 9.8mm (4.32 x 2.4 x 0.39 inches) and weigh 5.15 ounces (146g). Pricing and availability aren't known, and we're still digging for more info. It certainly has an intriguing look; the sharp corners would be a huge departure from HTC's recent design choices, though it appears to have HTC's signature unibody build in the back. So are we just looking at a cool concept or is this the next flagship phone? We're hoping it's the latter.

htczeta-1321395227.jpg

Wag

Expert Member

I used a damp, not to wet, cloth to clean the photos on my monitor. Try it