Motorola Xoom and Atrix in SA

msm

Why is the 3g model so much more?

My best guess is that the 3G models are generally subsidized by operators, hence they command a premium as they are paid for monthly. However, WiFi models are usually bought outright and need to be cheaper. However, I'm not sure if the manufacturer or local distributor decides on this pricing difference??? In any case, it should not be such a big difference, cos you can get a 3G phone for a couple hundred bucks, so 3G inclusion should be cheap.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
I heard the Xoom 2 will be a lower spec version of the Xoom 3. Will likely be named the Gloom 1+1 and Gloom 1+1+1.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
The next HP tablet will apparently be called the HP Sauce.

eshwar

I honestly struggle to understand the pricing policy here. They know what an iPad costs and they know people prefer the iPad when prices are similar ... and it is all over the net that Android tablet prices will drop to compete ... and now this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App

well put!! And on top of that Android 3.1! Its had 3.2 for about a month now. Don't tell me it takes a month to ship them here?! At the least they should say that the 3.2 update is ready.

I guess we are dumb consumers on average here since these kind of tricks seem to work... An old, outgoing, not best in class for the highest price. And they wonder why iPad 2 has market share...

Andre123

I know that in the past people complained about HTC devices because Leaf palmed of their own crappy app shop on you. I see that the Zoom comes with "Motoblur apps and services". Does anyone know if you will have access to the real android store or only a Motorola version?

extremist

You get normal Android Market access on the Atrix. Leaf also isn't bundling their market on HTC Android devices anymore - Google's market only. The OpenMarket is still out there, I think, but you have to download it separately.

On the Sensation they do this app recommendation some might find irritating - where the My Apps button is in the market there is now an HTC button.