Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part II

cerebus

Honorary Master
Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) - 6.5/10. Engaging and well performed, but you have to sit through some milk-curdlingly-awful singing for a good running portion of the film.

Randux

Expert Member
Is "Extinction" worth the time? I see there seem to be kids in the movie which worries me. Because from my past experiences sci-fi plus kids is never good.

Randux

Expert Member
Avengers - Infinity War (2018) 9/10

I was happy with the movie from beginning to end. Didn't give it a 10 cause "The Black Order" was kinda weak.

Readsalot

Expert Member
Is "Extinction" worth the time? I see there seem to be kids in the movie which worries me. Because from my past experiences sci-fi plus kids is never good.
I'd only watch it if nothing else is on. It's not bad, as such, in fact it has a fairly decent cast and even a nice twist. But the pacing is slow as hell, probably because they tried to shoot a moody, broody film and I found my attention wandering more often than not. 5/10 for a film that's great if you're trying to fall asleep.

Lostboy

Mission Impossible: Fallout 8/10

One of the best, if not the best of the series (part 1 maybe just beats it?)

Non stop action with beautiful scenery, think this must be one of the first movies ever where I actually took note of it, not that the movie was bad at that point just that it was beautiful for me.

One hell of a rollercoaster ride.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Nah. Very much a "meh" movie kids notwithstanding.

Randux

Expert Member
Thanks [MENTION=428852]Readsalot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=80087]FiestaST[/MENTION] it looks like a solid skip.

cerebus

Honorary Master
In This Corner of the World (2016) - 7.5/10. Animated depiction of life in WWII-era Hiroshima.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Wolf Creek (2005) 6.5/10

An old watch but a first time watch. Fairly disturbing but a pretty convincing Aussie horror.

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
Avengers - Infinity War (2018) : 7.5 / 10
Rated against other Marvel movies: 9 / 10

Fun, looks great, decent villain, almost got too busy at times with so many characters.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Avengers - Infinity War (2018) : 7.5 / 10
Rated against other Marvel movies: 9 / 10

Fun, looks great, decent villain, almost got too busy at times with so many characters.
Watched it again over the weekend. Was a bit of a slog. These Marvel movies are very disposable.
Appears that only TDK will stand the test of time?

theratman

Executive Member
Watched it again over the weekend. Was a bit of a slog. These Marvel movies are very disposable.
Appears that only TDK will stand the test of time?
Honestly I feel the same. Thing is it's making them money so they'll keep churning them out.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Wolf Creek (2005) 6.5/10

An old watch but a first time watch. Fairly disturbing but a pretty convincing Aussie horror.
Theres a part 2 as well but not as good as the first one. Theres a cool scene with kangaroos though.

daveza

Honorary Master
Wolf Creek (2005) 6.5/10

Didn't know there was a movie but the 2 season series was excellent.

wcr.JPG

I see John Jarratt stars in both the series and the movies.

Last edited: