4 below average
3 bad
2 sucks even more
1 wtf is this
0 anc :sick::sick::sick:

Cius

Executive Member
For me:
1-4 The range of succiness, from Power rangers level bad down at 1 to just B grade trash at 4.
5: Don't waste your time
6: Was OK
7: Decent, anything from here or above I could rewatch given a bit of time
8: Really good
9: Top 10 material
10: Impossible, never rated anything as 10. 9 is the top of the scale for me.

animal531

Expert Member
Bird Box (2018) : 5/10
Somewhat interesting idea, but the writing is just terrible...so many plot-holes and idiocy all around.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
1-4: Farking far from ok.
5: Not ok
6: ok
7: Better than ok
8: damn ok
9: farking ok.
10: Will never watch something this ok.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
The Blackout (2019) 6/10

Ambitious sci-fi out of Russia...it's basic in the story department but the effects and world-building are entertaining.

Cius

Executive Member
The Marvel anthology continues

Avengers, age of Ultron - 7/10
I actually did not enjoy this one much the first time I watched it and so went in with lowish expectations and actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Obviously a critical movie for the overall buildup to End game but there where some interesting parts that I particularly enjoyed. The part at the "safe house" was particularly enjoyable to me mainly because of how much I like the movies portrayal of Hawkeye. Was definitely worth the re-watch.

Next up Antman and winter soldier.

daveza

Honorary Master
The Marvel anthology continues

Avengers, age of Ultron - 7/10
I actually did not enjoy this one much the first time I watched it and so went in with lowish expectations and actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Obviously a critical movie for the overall buildup to End game but there where some interesting parts that I particularly enjoyed. The part at the "safe house" was particularly enjoyable to me mainly because of how much I like the movies portrayal of Hawkeye. Was definitely worth the re-watch.

Next up Antman and winter soldier.

I'm on Black Panther - only 5 more to go.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Downloading The Vast of Night - I see it's getting great reviews.
I have that queued up for later.
This is why I love these threads...

I saw this post and wondered what this movie was about. So I went to IMDB..there it looked really interesting and I wondered why I wouldn't have planned on downloading this.

Went to my Radarr and did a search...where I saw that not only did I have it lined up, but it also downloaded 14 hours ago and I never noticed.

Thanks guys!!

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
This is why I love these threads...

I saw this post and wondered what this movie was about. So I went to IMDB..there it looked really interesting and I wondered why I wouldn't have planned on downloading this.

Went to my Radarr and did a search...where I saw that not only did I have it lined up, but it also downloaded 14 hours ago and I never noticed.

Thanks guys!!
You don't enable push notifications on Radarr?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
A 1st time watch of 2x Brian De Palma films:

Obsession (1976) 7/10

Compelling psychological thriller. Heavily inspired by Hitchcock's Vertigo (1958) & it shows.

Blow Out (1981) 7/10

Clever political thriller, well played out. Ending is sad af. Travolta in his hey day.

cerebus

Honorary Master
The Vast of Night - 8/10.

Small town 1950s sci-fi. The story doesn't amount to much but the likeable cast and inventive directing and camera work make it unique and worth watching

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
The Vast of Night - 8/10.

Small town 1950s sci-fi. The story doesn't amount to much but the likeable cast and inventive directing and camera work make it unique and worth watching
What made it imminently watchable, was the fact that not only was the movie style from the 50's, but the style of acting, intonation and script was also in that old school style.

Very basic plot, but the movie was more a stylistic attempt I think?

Not for everybody, but I liked it.

PS> Jirre I said style a lot...