Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part II

Splinter

Honorary Master
A confession. Tuesday night I was flicking through DSTV channels (I know; gasp!), and I came across Star Trek: the motion picture. I think I saw it on its original release with my family at the Goodwood drive-in. Yes, you can tell my age here.

I tuned in just to see how funny it was now in terms of graphics etc for a few minutes.

I ended up watching the whole thing. Totally enjoyed it. Remember now why I had some wet dreams about a bald girl in a short white tunic later on in life. Also remembered, what I thought at the time, was amazing footage of plasma balls being shot at the Enterprise.

I know I will be flamed, but for me it was somehow awesome.

Also seeing the hairy chest of a few of the characters, and then the hairy sidearms of Captain Kirk. Totally funny compared to what you see of the manicured stars these days.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
A confession. Tuesday night I was flicking through DSTV channels (I know; gasp!), and I came across Star Trek: the motion picture. I think I saw it on its original release with my family at the Goodwood drive-in. Yes, you can tell my age here.

I tuned in just to see how funny it was now in terms of graphics etc for a few minutes.

I ended up watching the whole thing. Totally enjoyed it. Remember now why I had some wet dreams about a bald girl in a short white tunic later on in life. Also remembered, what I thought at the time, was amazing footage of plasma balls being shot at the Enterprise.

I know I will be flamed, but for me it was somehow awesome.

Also seeing the hairy chest of a few of the characters, and then the hairy sidearms of Captain Kirk. Totally funny compared to what you see of the manicured stars these days.
Pervnerd!! She's old enough to be your grandmother

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Fatman (2020) 6.5/10

Slightly above average black comedy action. Story itself has potential but the follow through is on the mediocre side. Always a fan at seeing Mel Gibson though.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Run (2020) 7 / 10
Great performance by Kiera Allen. Holds her own well against Sarah Paulson in her first feature movie.
Quite a tense little thriller.

FYI. She actually uses a wheelchair in real life.

Last edited:

Readsalot

Expert Member
Fatman (2020) 5/10.
Decent cast with a pointless story, a lacklustre plot and underwhelming direction. Completely forgettable.

Azg

Expert Member
iBoy (2017) - crime/ sci-fi - 7/10
Watchable scifi on Netflix, if you can look past the premise of the movie.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Based off a true story.. enjoyed it. 7/10

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Fatman (2020) 6 / 10

Haha. Now that it a different "Christmas movie?
The story should be ridiculous, but they take it so seriously that it actually works.
Loved Walter Goggins in this :ROFL:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Fatman (2020) 6 / 10

Haha. Now that it a different "Christmas movie?
The story should be ridiculous, but they take it so seriously that it actually works.
Loved Walter Goggins in this :ROFL:
So I happened to watch the trailer now only. This is why I hate trailers. Don't watch the trailer before hand and the movie will have a much bigger impact. The trailer gives away one if the best lines.

Botha22

The half of it (2020) 8/10.

From Rotten tomatoes - Critics Consensus -
"For viewers in search of an uncommonly smart, tender, and funny coming-of-age story, The Half of It has everything."

|tera|

Master of Messengers
All I can say is.
Light a spliff and watch The Phenomenon.
Then listen to this:
⁣⁣

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I was watching Vertigo on Saturday night and fell asleep after an hour or so. Tried to watch the rest on Sunday and it's been removed from Netflix.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
The Pianist (2002) - 9/10. One of the hardest things I've had to sit through which exemplifies it's brilliance - uncompromising in its realism, the suffering can actually be felt.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
The Pianist (2002) - 9/10. One of the hardest things I've had to sit through which exemplifies it's brilliance - uncompromising in its realism, the suffering can actually be felt.
I've watched this movie 4 times. Better than Schindler's List for me.

Next you should watch: "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas"...