Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Fckit. Wasn't my review. Haven't seen it yet.
Then I suggest next time when you copy and paste an IMDB review...not that there is anything wrong with doing that...rather quote the source so the comments are not directly attributed to YOU.

Just a friendly PSA. T's & C's Apply.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Then I suggest next time when you copy and paste an IMDB review...not that there is anything wrong with doing that...rather quote the source so the comments are not directly attributed to YOU.

Just a friendly PSA. T's & C's Apply.
I've learned that today - The hard way.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The 355 (2022) 6/10

Generic spy thriller. Very much a "girl power" film. Unremarkably told plot, cast selection was pretty diverse. Decent action though. Not far off a females The Expendables.

I look at Jessica Chastain & I'm like "yum".
I look at Penélope Cruz & I'm like "double yum".

The fivesome:

Snip 1.png Snip 2.png Snip 3.png

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Home Team (2021) 6/10

Cringy sports comedy. Not Kevin James’ worst work (that’s not saying much). Some (dare I say it) inspirational scenes.

Clean (2020) 6/10

Extremely derivative crime drama, expected much more from Adrien Brody. Besides the atmosphere & some violent combat scenes (which I did enjoy) not much to recommend here. The crime boss was meh also.

PS: Wiki says film is 2021, IMDB says 2020, copyright at the end of the film says 2018 and it just came out in 2022.

FiestaST

Honorary Master

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Village of the dammed 1960
7.5/10

Now that was rather strange but all good for a classic black and white oldie night.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Any other takers yet? If not you’ll need to be more team players :p
I pulled the trigger and yes 6/10 sounds about right. Without the bevy of ageing beauties this is a sloppy stinker. It's like a feminist Mission Impossible made by a director who just doesn't give a toss.