Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

Cray

Honorary Master
The whole movie is basically about Bastian's depression. It's not much fun to watch these days and I think it's not even a very good movie; a bit puzzling how it was such a fixture in our collective childhoods.
It's a kids film that had cool sets and cool characters, am far more mystified that I used to like the A-team and Airwolf to be honest...

rvZA

Expert Member
Yeah, I could not stomach Tom & Jerry. Did not make the first 30 minutes, not even my 2 year old or 12 year old had any interest in it. They should rather have tried a different storyline and making it a full cartoon. The movie just did not work for our family.

If this is the quality of HBO Max movies to be released this year, I am starting to shudder thinking about movies like Justice League, Dune, Matrix 4 and the likes...

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Yeah, I could not stomach Tom & Jerry. Did not make the first 30 minutes, not even my 2 year old or 12 year old had any interest in it. They should rather have tried a different storyline and making it a full cartoon. The movie just did not work for our family.

If this is the quality of HBO Max movies to be released this year, I am starting to shudder thinking about movies like Justice League, Dune, Matrix 4 and the likes...
I will defend Tom and Jerry! I will :D
Maybe it's the weather or a boring day?
I really enjoyed it.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Monster Hunter - 6.5/10. Has an impressive look to it.

Bone Tomahawk - 7.5/10. Slow burn Western leading up to some pretty brutal and disturbing images. Certainly has the worst death scene ever put to celluloid.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Judas and the Black Messiah - 8/10. Lakeith Stanfield is so great in anything, but the 70s slang is pretty hard to understand at times.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Raya and the Last Dragon should be coming this weekend, I'm excited to watch with the kids.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Cosmic Sin (2021) 5/10

More Bruce Willis B-Grade nonsense. Generic Sci-Fi story, bland.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Monster Hunter - 6.5/10. Has an impressive look to it.

Bone Tomahawk - 7.5/10. Slow burn Western leading up to some pretty brutal and disturbing images. Certainly has the worst death scene ever put to celluloid.

Bone Tomahawk was a helluva surprise...definitely worth a rewatch.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The Mauritanian (2021) 7/10

Compelling legal drama. Heavy subject matter tackled in a respectful way.