Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

HunterNW

Honorary Master

Started this last night (Knowing it WILL be kak)

Who the fck still wants to make a shark movie ???? I'd give it a .05 if there were decent tits, but the tits were kak.

HunterNW

Honorary Master

Who the fck still wants to make a shark movie ???? I'd give it a .05 if there were decent tits, but the tits were kak.

That's the d00s who wrote it.

dualmeister

Honorary Master

You were watching it for the babes in bikini's.
Just admit it :laugh:

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Morbeus - 4/10 - Hundreds wouldve lined up to polish the turd of a script for free but no. It's like they just don't give a sht anymore.

Kieppie

Executive Member
Morbeus - 4/10 - Hundreds wouldve lined up to polish the turd of a script for free but no. It's like they just don't give a sht anymore.
Yeah if these studios start hiring some comic book fans, who'd likely work for free, then they'd easily up their ratings

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Dual (2022) 6.5/10
Deadpan satire with an interesting concept. The ending has me in knots...I think it's meant to be ambiguous and all the options feel right. Karen Gillan is very good here. Enjoyed it.

Faults (2014) 8/10
Same director as Dual, similar tone but more black comedy. Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Leland Orser (Berlin Station) are great as a cult member and the dude trying to de-program her. Has a Coen brothers feel at times.

Schmeltz Herring

Executive Member
Dual (2022) 6.5/10
Deadpan satire with an interesting concept. The ending has me in knots...I think it's meant to be ambiguous and all the options feel right. Karen Gillan is very good here. Enjoyed it.

Faults (2014) 8/10
Same director as Dual, similar tone but more black comedy. Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Leland Orser (Berlin Station) are great as a cult member and the dude trying to de-program her. Has a Coen brothers feel at times.
I'm looking forward to seeing both those movies. I remember watching the Art of Self-Defense 7.7/10 a few years ago by the same director. As black comedys go it was original and funny, definitely worth watching.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
I'm looking forward to seeing both those movies. I remember watching the Art of Self-Defense 7.7/10 a few years ago by the same director. As black comedys go it was original and funny, definitely worth watching.

Yeah, I'd say Art of Self-Defence is in-between the other 2.

So the dude's getting worse :whistling:

animal531

Expert Member
Everything Everywhere All At Once : 8/10
It had some pacing issues early on, but makes up for it later. Douglas Adams would definitely have loved it.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Uncharted - Why?/10

Started this. Made it maybe 25 minutes. Just couldn't get into it, spent more time on my phone due to boredom than I did watching the screen.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
In the Bedroom (2001) 7/10

Slow paced drama with many well crafted performances & lots of emotion. Some unexpected direction changes but well worth it.