Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Morbious: An origin but a tale of tragedy.

So hardly a 5, 4 or 3 out of ten but rather 6 going 6.5.

The reason. Quite simple. It is a tragic hero origin story and without failing on its simpleton action sword.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Nightmare on Elm street 1 a 6.66/10, right?

So for what it was back then we can upgrade it to 7. However, in today's terms it's still a 6.

I suppose it really was ahead of its time.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
The Man from Toronto 7/10

Was pretty good imo.. Funny, but seemed too much like Central Intelligence for most parts
857b3f47fff5686f29ed781e599ed2d2.jpg
I'd also go with a 7/10.

OnlyOneKenobi

Babadook starts slow, good introduction for baba, but then falls apart on itself. Another pass looking back to scream 5.

5/10
I remember being disappointed with this movie after having read lots of praise and high scores for it. It was one of the first things I watched on Netflix. I barely remember anything about it, utterly forgettable.

SHL

Expert Member
No Country For Old Men (2007)
9/10
No fancy special effects, no CGI, no music, just pure talent from the director to the actors. Javier Bardem is brilliantly brutal in this one. One of the best noir films ever.

RanzB

Honorary Master
9/10
No fancy special effects, no CGI, no music, just pure talent from the director to the actors. Javier Bardem is brilliantly brutal in this one. One of the best noir films ever.
Book is amazing too.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
19/10
Ftfy. But then again I really do like it.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Iron man 1: 8/10
Iron man 2: 8/10
Iron man 3: pending/10

But then again I do enjoy Iron Man. Who doesn't want to be duke nukem in robot suit :laugh:

SHL

Expert Member
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
5/10
I never liked Sam Raimi but I gave this one a chance since I enjoyed the first Doctor Strange.
The beginning of the movie escalates quicker than I expected which was enjoyable and then my fears about this director along with Disney came true....
Sam Raimi never fails with his attempts at introducing unrealistic horror and just plain silly sh*t...
- When Strange possesses that corpse reminded me of MJ's Thrilller music video. It was just laughable especially when he's motivating America in that form.
- The scene where they were flinging musical notes at each other :rolleyes:
- The illuminati and female vs female fight convenience :rolleyes:

SHL

Expert Member
The Batman (2022)
9/10
The best comic book to screen adaptation I've seen. Didn't think Patterson would pull it off but he does it brilliantly. Glad they explored the 'detective' side of Batman in this one, makes it truly unique from the previous films. Greg Fraser's camerawork is just top notch especially the car chase scene.
Zoe Kravitz is yummy :love:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Hardcore Henry (2015) 6.5 \ 10

I felt like a non stop action movie and this one popped up. Imagine Crank, but instead of a Third Person rather a First person view as in a video game. The action is non stop. It feels like one single take. Lots of blood and guts. Some really good action shots.

Some trivia.

Henry was played by 10 different stuntmen and cameramen including the director Ilya Naishuller. He was originally played by Russian stuntman/camera operator Sergey Valyaev but the camera rig used in production eventually caused him severe neck pain and the role was given to Andrei Dementiev - who also suffered neck pain as well in addition to losing a tooth after being struck by a stuntman.

HunterNW

Honorary Master

10/10 for being kak

HunterNW

Honorary Master
The Batman (2022)
9/10
The best comic book to screen adaptation I've seen. Didn't think Patterson would pull it off but he does it brilliantly. Glad they explored the 'detective' side of Batman in this one, makes it truly unique from the previous films. Greg Fraser's camerawork is just top notch especially the car chase scene.
Zoe Kravitz is yummy :love:
Started watching last night, will finish tonight. So far - 8/10.