Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

Werner1975

Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 7.5/10
After reading all the reviews, (mostly bad), I took a chance to watch it and I was pleasantly surprised.
Awesome action scenes, decent plot, good performances from Bennedict and Olsen and the creepy/scary environment that director Raimi brings all added to a decent, good movie. Not as good as SpiderMan - no way home but much better than Eternals and Morbius.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Did some Tom Cruise films the past couple of days

Edge of Tomorrow - 8.5/10. Still one of the best action movies of the 2010s. Supremely well thought-out concept sci-fi with good character development and cracking action sets.

War of the Worlds - 6/10. I never saw this one before. It's ok but mostly pointless noise and Spielberg obviously tried to give Cruise a big ending scene but the real ending is a fizzle.

Neoprod

Honorary Master

Edge of Tomorrow - 8.5/10. Still one of the best action movies of the 2010s. Supremely well thought-out concept sci-fi with good character development and cracking action sets.

RIP Bill Paxton.

The short story it's based on is pretty good...differs from the movie in an interesting way.

OhYeah84

Expert Member
Jurassic World Dominion dropped.
...not all that great reall. trying to bring both trilogies together in a single movie didn't work that well. Worth a watch, but even the CGI isn't as good as the original!

OhYeah84

Expert Member

They really need to make a sequel for this!

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Doctor Strange in the Lucid Acid Dreams of Spent Scriptwriters - 6/10

What a mess. Visually stunning as Marvel movies always are. Convoluted, messy script. What felt like a complete waste of characters, though a good display of Wanda's power.

Why have they nerfed Strange so much? He went from going toe-to-toe with Thanos to being outclassed by an octopus. Bleh.

After the She-Hulk trailer and this, my interest has waned. I hope they have a good property coming out soon.

Kieppie

Executive Member
Doctor Strange in the Lucid Acid Dreams of Spent Scriptwriters - 6/10

What a mess. Visually stunning as Marvel movies always are. Convoluted, messy script. What felt like a complete waste of characters, though a good display of Wanda's power.

Why have they nerfed Strange so much? He went from going toe-to-toe with Thanos to being outclassed by an octopus. Bleh.
The correct title is "Wanda - Mom" :p
A higher score than I would have given it, but to each his own

After the She-Hulk trailer and this, my interest has waned. I hope they have a good property coming out soon.
Very unlikely. Don't forget the awful Thor movie, that makes The Dark World look good by comparison, now showing.
I suppose people that like bad writing and decent visuals are having a smorgasbord of movies lately