Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I will say that I find it a bit bizarre that Tenet wasn't nominated for Best Cinematography. It was pretty excellent. And the score was also great.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Sound of Metal (2020) - 8.5/10. Now I'm seriously inclined to think that Riz Ahmed should win the best actor award, even though he inevitably won't.

cerebus

Honorary Master
I loved Indy 4. Never understood the hate

It's alright if you've never seen an Indy movie before but honestly it's an insult to the franchise. No realism, no practical effects, Indy is this invulnerable superhero. The fridge scene was the moment I checked out of that film when I watched it in the cinema.

rvZA

Expert Member
It's alright if you've never seen an Indy movie before but honestly it's an insult to the franchise. No realism, no practical effects, Indy is this invulnerable superhero. The fridge scene was the moment I checked out of that film when I watched it in the cinema.

It was mindless action in the 1980's and 1990's. It was something different.

Readsalot

Expert Member
Looks like the Snyder Cut is going to be shown at least twice at Cinema Home Couch today, since my brother is "too busy with work" or some excuse like that, and wants to wait until tonight to watch it.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
They can shove #4 in the trash!
I paid for my wife and myself to watch this when it came out...we still talk about what a crap movie it was to this day, and she still doesn't know why we paid for it. Load of hogwash!

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Looking forward to "The Father"...actually quite surprised it is not available yet on the seas and news.

"Minari" and "Nomadland" was absolutely brilliant IMHO.

I must still watch Mank, Promising Young Woman and Judas though...

Chicago 7 was pretty meh...
Nomadland was pretty good. Judas is also good.

wbot

Expert Member
It's by far the worst Indy but I still loved it. I don't expect super realism in an Indy movie and personally I didn't mind the fridge scene. It was better than the ants parts imo.

Overall it still very much felt like an Indy movie

Cray

Honorary Master
It's by far the worst Indy but I still loved it. I don't expect super realism in an Indy movie and personally I didn't mind the fridge scene. It was better than the ants parts imo.

Overall it still very much felt like an Indy movie
The monkey swinging scene killed it for me...

Pho3nix

The Legend
Have these planned for tonight. Any of you guys seen them?

4bb425d63c7039ba3a6fa939fd31e576.jpg

9e1e999f2c26d696cb0111760ad8b290.jpg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) 8.5/10

Whoa, talk about a phenomenal improvement over the OG film! Pacing, structure, colour grading, score & most importantly character development. Absolute top marks. I am completely sold, it was hands-down worth the wait. The best complement I can give this film is that it is freaking 4hrs long yet it does not feel 4hrs long at all!