Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Mortal Combat and Virtuoso 2021 have dropped.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
The Virtuoso (2021) 5 / 10

I found myself enjoying this. Keeps you guessing.

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Mortal Kombat 2021 5 / 10

5 points for the over the top violence. But otherwise crap.
And obviously part 2, 3 and more to follow.

Last edited:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mortal Kombat (2021) 7/10

Way better than expected. Well balanced ito fan service. R-rating was well utilized, CGI is on point. Combat scenes are engaging. High level of nostalgia. All in all a pretty surprising & a well implemented effort.

PS: Bonus marks to Kano's character. He was a ball of fun.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Miracle Mile (1988) 7/10

High energy apocalyptic thriller. Draws you in.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Nomadland was competent but I don’t think it warrants the kind of critical reception it received. Best picture? I dunno, I enjoyed other films more (The Father, Sound of Metal, Minari, Judas).

On the other hand I’m happy to see My Octopus Teacher get a win, it’s an absolute gem.

Botha22

Nomadland was competent but I don’t think it warrants the kind of critical reception it received. Best picture? I dunno, I enjoyed other films more (The Father, Sound of Metal, Minari, Judas).

On the other hand I’m happy to see My Octopus Teacher get a win, it’s an absolute gem.
I enjoyed the live performance of "Husavik" which was nominated for best original song. From the Netflix movie "Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga".

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

And deserved win for best supporting actress. I think Nomad won on the basis on them wanting to give best director to a chinese women and the film followed suit.

Cray

Honorary Master
Mortal Kombat - 6.5

Great fights, less great sets, worse acting, dreadful script.
Enjoyed it, a pity they didn't use the actor playing Scorpion more, much more charisma than the "lead".