Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Stowaway (2021) 4.5 / 10

Cannot take it too serious when it leaves one of the biggest questions unanswered. How did he end up as a stowaway? Some scenes were just painfully slow.

Cray

Honorary Master
Stowaway (2021) 4.5 / 10

Cannot take it too serious when it leaves one of the biggest questions unanswered. How did he end up as a stowaway? Some scenes were just painfully slow.
Yup, how he got there could have been the most interesting thing and it never went anywhere.

Ecco

Executive Member
Nobody - 6.5

I really enjoyed this for the most part. The ending is where I had to notch it down by 0.5 points. Great action scenes, story moved at a good pace, and unfolded quite nicely.

The whole Home Alone style booby trap factory was not a great ending

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Godzilla Vs. Kong

0/10

What can I say?
This movie is just. . . Ugh

Boring.
Gross.
Pointless.

Just watch Neon Genesis Evangelion.

They admittedly ripped the fight scenes from Evangelion anyway.
Only the 26 year old anime did it 10 times better.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Official Secrets 2019 7.5/10

Bloody interesting background to the start of the war against WMD’s. Such an eye opener. Knightley is lovely as well.

Thunder Force 2021 2/10

Turd of note. Enjoyed her previous stuff but this was just awful. Only saving Grace was that a fell asleep halfway through and woke up just before the credits. Win.

Stowaway 2021 4.5/10

Such a nice setup but in the end just rather unbelievable. But am interested to go find out what exactly the protocol is in that situation. But that sacrifice was just not believable in the end.

Godzilla vs Kong 2021 0.5/10

They need to ****ing stop making movies about Godzilla. They have wrung this concept out to dry enough now. FFS. This movie just pissed me off. Wanted me to watch the Broderick one. Really love that one. Enough already.

rvZA

Expert Member
See this dropped today, but I am in two minds. Wonder if it is one of the new movies made for the 'Woke Generation'. I am a Tom Clancy fan and would hate to be disappointed in such movie....

1fed2695532066370e90ff262a1faf96.jpg

JohnStarr

Expert Member
See this dropped today, but I am in two minds. Wonder if it is one of the new movies made for the 'Woke Generation'. I am a Tom Clancy fan and would hate to be disappointed in such movie....

1fed2695532066370e90ff262a1faf96.jpg
Well, John Clarke in the Tom Clancy books was really a white Vietnam vet. The book, and I have read it twice, is about him falling in love with a prostitute who gets killed setting him off.
Not sure if this version of John Clarke even dovetails with the Jack Ryan series or not. If not, then John Clarke will never pop up in a future series which is a pity.

wbot

Expert Member
Beyond Skyline - not bad for a lazy weekend alien action B movie I guess. Didn't even know Skyline had a sequel.

5/10

(just saw there's a third movie too called Skylines. Might give it a watch even though it looks terrible)

rvZA

Expert Member
Well, John Clarke in the Tom Clancy books was really a white Vietnam vet. The book, and I have read it twice, is about him falling in love with a prostitute who gets killed setting him off.
Not sure if this version of John Clarke even dovetails with the Jack Ryan series or not. If not, then John Clarke will never pop up in a future series which is a pity.

Hence the reason for my sceptism and perhaps giving this one a skip.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Without Remorse (2021) 6/10

Flat action thriller filled with tropes. Brings nothing new to the table besides some decent combat scenes. I believe it also does a disservice to the source material.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Mitchells vs the Machines (2021) 8/10 genuinely hilarious animated film from the guys behind Spiderverse, only somewhat let down by its story

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Some of the casting choices in this movie are kak TBH. :thumbsdown:

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Promising Young Woman (2020) 7/10
Carey Mulligan makes this kinda odd movie work - she's so watchable even when nothing's going on. For a movie with a lot of confrontations, it feels a bit dispassionate...cool and stylish though.