Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

FiestaST

Honorary Master
F9: The Fast Saga (2021) 6.5/10

I'll preface this by saying this film is over-the-top ludicrous, next level & the brother story is derivative but there are tons & tons action scenes, I enjoyed the Dom backstory narrative, lots of humour, there were many homages to the old films. As an FF fan it gets my vote.

Leave your brain at the door & enjoy.
This vid explains it well :D

dualmeister

Honorary Master
The Invisible Man (2020) 8 / 10

Watched for a second time. I absolutely love this movie.

Ecco

Executive Member
F9: 2/10

This was just crap, cheesy backflashes, cringeworthy acting from almost all of them, especially Vin Diesel, Charlize, and the girl who plays the hacker. Massive plots holes and just generally lousy.

I went in to enjoy a mindless action flick, but even that expectation didn't help with this one.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
F9 - 8/10. With tongue firmly in cheek the latest installment parodies itself brilliantly. Even Tyrese winks at the audience about being invincible. Theron has the best line this year and fans of another franchise won't be amused. Lol.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
F9 - 8/10. With tongue firmly in cheek the latest installment parodies itself brilliantly. Even Tyrese winks at the audience about being invincible. Theron has the best line this year and fans of another franchise won't be amused. Lol.
That's it. Self awareness level 11 :p

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Twist (2021) 4 / 10
Some incredibly bad acting in this heist movie. What were Michael Caine and Lena Headey thinking :X3:

Oculus (2013) 7 / 10
Great little horror movie.

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I did actually. Completely forgettable (hence I had to double check the IMDb entry) :D
Come now. As a horror movie fan you have to admit that the originality earns it points. Like something they would have done in the 80's lol

Last edited:

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Jungle Cruise (2021) 6.5/10

Charming fantasy adventure. Lots of laughs & humour, good chemistry between the Rock & Blunt. Slight CGI overkill & runs slightly too long. A punny watch.
I enjoyed this movie, was fun. A movie based on a Disney Theme ride, with cursed seafarers that need to return to the scene of where the curse happen with a certain item, to lift the curse. Mmmmm, Pirates of the Carribean : Curse of the Black Pearl?