Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

FiestaST

Honorary Master
F9: The Fast Saga (2021) 6.5/10

I'll preface this by saying this film is over-the-top ludicrous, next level & the brother story is derivative but there are tons & tons action scenes, I enjoyed the Dom backstory narrative, lots of humour, there were many homages to the old films. As an FF fan it gets my vote.

Leave your brain at the door & enjoy.
Lots of waffling but some valid points:

Let's talk about Fast and Furious 9 (in an Audi TT RS) - Calvin Fisher

Readsalot

Expert Member
Jungle Cruise (2021) 6.5/10

Charming fantasy adventure. Lots of laughs & humour, good chemistry between the Rock & Blunt. Slight CGI overkill & runs slightly too long. A punny watch.

Same, 6/10 for me. Mildly amusing mindless entertainment that relies heavily on the charm of Blunt and Johnson, with Whitehall making a decent effort. They made a mistake not giving Giamatti a bigger role, though. He is brilliant, just watch him in Shoot 'Em Up (2007) with Owen and Bellucci.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I'm busy watching F9 Fast & Furious and it is entertaining, it is very predictable and pretty much the same as the past episodes. Nothing new. But I am enjoying it so will continue watching it to the end unless something seriously upsets me about the movie

Ecco

Executive Member
I'm busy watching F9 Fast & Furious and it is entertaining, it is very predictable and pretty much the same as the past episodes. Nothing new. But I am enjoying it so will continue watching it to the end unless something seriously upsets me about the movie

I started off the same, but after after while it lost its appeal and quite fast.

daveza

Honorary Master

Took one look at the IMDB user reviews and turned to my delete button for a solution.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I started off the same, but after after while it lost its appeal and quite fast.

Took one look at the IMDB user reviews and turned to my delete button for a solution.

I'm surprised it is 5.3 and not 4.3
I wasn't expecting it to be that high
For me, it is one of those unrealistic car chase movies where the good guy always wins, very predictable and I am not expecting a gripping plot story either. LOL

R13...

Honorary Master
5.3 ain't too bad. The comments here make it sound like a 2 or lower. Got to say I have no interest in seeing for myself. 5 is too low to waste time with.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
The Devil's Advocate - 1997

I'm in the last 10 minutes of the film... again

Okay, will keep it mini. I wish Al Pacino wouldn't shout so much. It's what I hate about American comedians and abhor when it comes to acting in dramas. KR was mediocre at best in this... he is king of mediocre which makes him unique and easy to watch in a few roles. I have a ton to say about Theron's yukky performance but I stuck it through because I dig her style on the screen sometimes. Connie over does it, yet again and screams and performs too much for my liking.

And, to think, I loved this film the first time I saw it 20 years ago. I've become a sour-puss.

5.5/10

Even if you skip through 4.5 of it, the 5.5 remains.

Busy surfing for a good movie. I always end up here for a good watch and often find something cool to watch after visiting the thread. I rarely leave a good watch myself so will try please some of you with this recommendation:

Jigureul jikyeora!
Save the Green Planet - 7.2/10

Check it out:

Why can't oh why can't I

Last edited:

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I've probably posted this before. Fsck it, just about to press play on this beaut and I give it teeth.

Fantastic film.
Amores Perros - 8.25/10

Class film

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Boiler Room (2000) 7/10

A rewatch after about 20 years.

Hard edged crime drama. Greed & corruption reigns supreme. Great casting.