Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
The Suicide Squad (2021) - -6/10

I'm halfway through.

Trying to think when last I was more bored in a movie. This movie is thoroughly ****, it's hard to believe anyone read this script and thought it was a good idea to make this into a movie starring actual actors.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

I'm halfway through.

Trying to think when last I was more bored in a movie. This movie is thoroughly ****, it's hard to believe anyone read this script and thought it was a good idea to make this into a movie starring actual actors.
Come back here when you watch the other half and give it 12/10.

FiestaST

Honorary Master

I'm halfway through.

How can you review a movie half way in? Watch the full film & report back.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
How can you review a movie half way in? Watch the full film & report back.
You have to flush the loo before it gets too full of **** or it overflows. I needed an outlet.

Having now completed this masterpiece of cinematic excrement, I can now humbly admit my initial judgement was premature.

The Suicide Squad (2021) - 3/10

****. Rather watch the news, Noot vir Noot reruns or possibly even a Hungarian dubbing of The Room.

saor

Honorary Master
You have to flush the loo before it gets too full of **** or it overflows. I needed an outlet.

Having now completed this masterpiece of cinematic excrement, I can now humbly admit my initial judgement was premature.

****. Rather watch the news, Noot vir Noot reruns or possibly even a Hungarian dubbing of The Room.
You must've been in a kak mood when watching this.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

now go watch The Colony (tides) 2021

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
You must've been in a kak mood when watching this.
Nah, I was in a good mood. It's just lazy, it's stupid, it's cliché, the acting was fair to middling... it just didn't have much going for it, to me. Probably doesn't help that I don't know these characters besides Harley, I just didn't find myself giving a damn about anyone, couldn't get invested in anything in the film.

Beyond that, the costumes are cheap, the shark played no significant role other than comic relief for 9 year olds.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it if you did. But I found it crap.

RanzB

Honorary Master
Another truffle / pig movie on DStv Box Office, in the same month, this one's even a cinema premiere...

Just called "Pig"
About a truffle farmer having his pig kidnapped and his desperate reaction.
Add to that - starring Nicolas Cage... again :rolleyes:

Main comment from imdb.com;

What on earth is going on, how is this a top movie??
Pig was great.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Did you like the original?
I far preferred the original. It had it's issues too, but I enjoyed it more.

I think there's just something about these characters, or perhaps just this take on the characters.

Birds of Prey was another one I only managed about 20 minutes of.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I far preferred the original. It had it's issues too, but I enjoyed it more.

I think there's just something about these characters, or perhaps just this take on the characters.

Birds of Prey was another one I only managed about 20 minutes of.
BoP was quite bad. Try the Harley Quinn animation if you haven't. Imo so much better than BoP.