Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Intrusion (2021) 5.5/10

Slightly subpar home invasion thriller with some misdirection thrown into the mix.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Intrusion (2021) 5.5/10

Slightly subpar home invasion thriller with some misdirection thrown into the mix.
i gave this a 6/10, so about right. It was okay, some scenes threw you off a bit, but it was far too early in the movie to not know who was involved and guilty

rvZA

Executive Member
Free Guy now available online in BluRay - BDRip, 720 and 1080. Seems they no longer wanted to wait until the 12th of October :ROFL:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Free Guy (2021) 7.5 / 10
I love it even though the trailers already gave away some of the best scenes already.

daveza

Honorary Master
Free Guy - 7

Found the first 20 minutes confusing. Once I caught on to the concept it was a fun ride.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Free Guy (2021) 7.5/10

Freaking hell this was enjoyable af! For the most part it was pretty darn original & clever (respect), the entire cast was on point, the self-aware humour is excellent, the story was very well done with a good message & feel good factor. Visually it is a home run, lastly Ryan Reynolds' is absolutely on point. Even the soundtrack was right on the money. I had high expectations walking into this & it delivered on thrills & spills. Honestly one of the best films of 2021 & a big part of that is the wide range of appeal.

Off to enjoy some Mariah.

PS: Taika Waititi - What a legend.

PPS: This scene :laugh: :laugh:

Chris Evans: [watches Guy use the Captain America shield] What the ****?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Free Guy (2021) 7.5/10

Freaking hell this was enjoyable af! For the most part it was pretty darn original & clever (respect), the entire cast was on point, the self-aware humour is excellent, the story was very well done with a good message & feel good factor. Visually it is a home run, lastly Ryan Reynolds' is absolutely on point. Even the soundtrack was right on the money. I had high expectations walking into this & it delivered on thrills & spills. Honestly one of the best films of 2021 & a big part of that is the wide range of appeal.

Off to enjoy some Mariah.

PS: Taika Waititi - What a legend.

PPS: This scene :laugh: :laugh:

Chris Evans: [watches Guy use the Captain America shield] What the ****?

Yes loved that spoiler scene as well :ROFL:

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
The Card Counter (2021) - 8/10. Paul Schrader revisits some of the themes he explored in Taxi Driver - this time with a brilliant Oscar Isaac.

Old (2021) - 5/10. One or two cool scenes can't save this mess.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Free Guy (2021) 6/10. Basically the Lego Movie but with videogames, made by people who have obviously never played a videogame

dualmeister

Honorary Master
My Son (2021) - 5.5 / 10
Decent crime drama.

Some interesting trivia.

James McAvoy in his latest film "My Son" was given no script, no specific dialogue and was only aware of basic plot details for his character. The remaining cast and crew was fully aware of everything that was about to happen to him, and in the first trailer for "My Son," you can see him improvising and reacting in real time to the action as the story unfolds.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
The Guilty (2021) 6.5/10

Good crime thriller, lots of tension & suspense. Jake Gyllenhaal's character development could have been done better.

Must admit watching Jake Gyllenhaal for 90 mins acting like he has his period was quite irritating :ROFL:

5 / 10 from me.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
My Son (2021) 6/10

By the numbers mystery thriller with a generic abduction. James McAvoy carries the film heavily.