Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

saor

Honorary Master
One review on the new Ghostbusters movie.

"This is a movie that is one giant Easter Egg, cracked and rotten and sulphurous in its stink." ...

Ouch.
The trailer looked too good to take that seriously

Ecco

Executive Member
King Richard - 8/10

Will Smith does a great job playing Richard Williams. Story told really well. The more the 2 hours running time fly's by.

Hindsight is 20/20 but watching this you can understand how guys would have thought of him as a fool. The belief this guy had and how hard he worked to make it all happen is phenomenal.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
One review on the new Ghostbusters movie.

"This is a movie that is one giant Easter Egg, cracked and rotten and sulphurous in its stink." ...

Ouch.
i dont know so much, i really enjoyed it, went to go watch it today

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Home Sweet Home Alone (2021) 3.5/10

Essentially a Home Alone (1990) reboot with a crappier narrative. Casting is horrible, gags are turd worthy & there is zero comedy. Worst of the all the lead (the kid) is highly annoying. The *only* saving grace is a few references to the OG film & the return of one of the OG characters.

Pitch Meeting said it best:

Absolute kak. Having loved the old Home Alone movies, man i wish these people would stop re making old classics, if they cannot do it right..

cerebus

Honorary Master
Just got this. Very excited to watch it.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Last Night in Soho - 6/10. Annoying need to stick a song into scene that it's more musical than thriller/horror and an average one at that.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Last Night in Soho (2021) 7.5/10

Unique original psychological horror. Edgar Wright knocked it out the park. The cinematography, set design & casting oozes sophistication and class.

View attachment 1195922
Agreed on the scoring. Bit on the weir side as I didn't think one could mix up horror, thriller, sing-songs and ghosts into a Cinema Nouveau artsy fartsy :ROFL:

wbot

Executive Member
Unhinged - meh. Some terrible acting and weird scenes that don't make sense. 4/10

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Out in the wild.

Ghoster79

Expert Member
Out in the wild.

"Spencer" as well

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Looks like another Oscar grade film from Bruce Willis :ROFL:

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Out in the wild.

I love Venom and Mr. Hardy. Fun film and I preferred it to the first one. A few laughs and the inevitable battle was pretty rad.

All cheesy aside a 7/10 from me.

Got Last Night in Soho lined up for tonight.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Looks like another Oscar grade film from Bruce Willis :ROFL:

I suspect that reading the reviews on IMDB is more entertaining than the film.

I have never liked Willis and have steered clear of his movies for years. That being said, Red wasn't a total loss but he was still fscking rubbish in it.