Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Silent Night (2021) 5/10

Annabelle Wallis and Keira Knightley in a strange Xmas movie about the end of the world. The movie shifts so rapidly back and forth between black comedy and mild horror, it's off-putting. Weird film.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Silent Night (2021) 5/10

Annabelle Wallis and Keira Knightley in a strange Xmas movie about the end of the world. The movie shifts so rapidly back and forth between black comedy and mild horror, it's off-putting. Weird film.
Sounds like my kind of movie :thumbsup:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Silent Night (2021) 6/10

So so black comedy that starts out predictable & then does an about-turn with serious undertones. I found most of the characters unlikeable also.

Should have been called: Christmas Apocalypse

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Belfast (2021) 7/10

Powerful coming of age drama. Good storytelling, a moving watch with a honest message.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Silent Night (2021) 5/10

Surprised you didn't like it

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Surprised you didn't like it
It's a weird one...thematically it appeals to me and Annabelle Wallis and Keira Knightley are good actresses but the movie's different pieces don't come together for me. I would have preferred it stayed a black comedy with unlikeable characters or a serious drama that tries to make you care about the characters...the 2 approaches at different moments don't work together.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Silent Night (2021) 6/10

So so black comedy that starts out predictable & then does an about-turn with serious undertones. I found most of the characters unlikeable also.

Should have been called: Christmas Apocalypse
I'm 25 mins in and waiting for something to get my attention :cautious::X3:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I'm 25 mins in and waiting for something to get my attention :cautious::X3:
LOL **** no wonder. Radarr grabbed the wrong one ....

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::X3: