Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part III

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The Last Duel (2021) 7/10

Well told & well-researched epic historical drama. High production quality & cinematography. Great realism & scale. The long running time did not phase me. Much respect to Ridley Scott, 84 years old & still knocking out high quality films.

Ridley Scott blamed cell-phone addicted millennials for letting the film flop. He stated "What we've got today are the audiences who were brought up on these f*cking cell phones. The millennial who do not ever want to be taught anything unless you told it on the cell phone"

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Dinner for Schmucks (2010) 6.5/10

First time watch & I found it ball bustingly funny. Quick fire jokes aplenty. Carell & Rudd are on point.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
The Last Duel (2021) 7/10

Well told & well-researched epic historical drama. High production quality & cinematography. Great realism & scale. The long running time did not phase me. Much respect to Ridley Scott, 84 years old & still knocking out high quality films.

Ridley Scott blamed cell-phone addicted millennials for letting the film flop. He stated "What we've got today are the audiences who were brought up on these f*cking cell phones. The millennial who do not ever want to be taught anything unless you told it on the cell phone"
/Dark tale ahead.

But cellphone generation vs attention span, focus and not being able to google-it.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
List dropped:

Top 10 Worst Movies of 2021

Number 3:

Number 2:

& the "Winner" at Number 1:

Reactions: Yuu

dualmeister

Honorary Master
List dropped:

Number 3:

Number 2:

1638941069013.png

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
List dropped:

Number 3:

Number 2:

I just don't get the hate for Chaos Walking. Even Philip Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine) failed to adapt the book for the screen. The fact that it still managed to get made is an achievement.

saor

Honorary Master
Who wants to see boring 2 2/12 hour long epics by past-their-prime directors? People still go to see movies that manage to appeal to a thoughtful audience. Look at Dune - $382mil box office to date. I didn't think it could get close to that.
Can't quite tell if that was sarcasm or not.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I missed this part in his rant.

Sir Ridley, 83, confirmed this week that Blade Runner and Alien, his 1979 film, are being turned into 10-part television series.

I don't really get his rant. He is upset that young people did not go see his movie based on a true story about some stuff that happened decades ago. LOL full of himself much?

saor

Honorary Master
I missed this part in his rant.

Sir Ridley, 83, confirmed this week that Blade Runner and Alien, his 1979 film, are being turned into 10-part television series.
I didn't mind the recent Blade Runner that much. The Alien movies...everything after Alien 3 is dead to me. Wish they'd just leave it and rather adapt a book.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I didn't mind the recent Blade Runner that much. The Alien movies...everything after Alien 3 is dead to me. Wish they'd just leave it and rather adapt a book.
After Alien3?? Some say this one cant even hold up against Prometheus. Covenant not the worst either.

When the bar is set very high theyll always be diminished returns but the worst offender is the latest Terminator even with JC on board.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
11:14 (2003) 7/10

Came across this one by pure chance. Clever neo-noir black comedy thriller. Interconnected story told by five different perspectives. Well constructed.

PS: Then 24yr old Rachael Leigh Cook is extremely easy on the eyes.