Moving from Cool Ideas - The best ISP to move to

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I'm currently with CISP + Octotel (20/5) and want to cancel at the end of the month.

For the same price, I can get 50/50 with Mindthespeed + Frogfoot.
Anyone had any issues with Mindthespeed or Frogfoot?

blunt

Expert Member
So I ended up moving to Openserve + Afrihost Pure Fibre yesterday.
Network has been great for the past 24 hours :)

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Terrified to start on that :eek: it seems complicated and I'm not terribly tech. Will read up and see how much is understandable, tks @PsYTraNc3.
The configuration is not much different to setting up any other AP :)
The only complication is running a cable from one side of your house to the other

And then the price...

abudabi

Expert Member
Well you don't NEED a mesh system. 2 separate APs with 2 different SSIDs will also work. It's cheaper but obviously lacks the more advanced features that a mesh system would give you.

Horses for course

MEIOT

Expert Member
You need a mesh system then
Mesh is expensive.
You'd most certainly get better bang for buck going Unifi. And 2 different Ap's with different SID's makes no sense at all. If you want to better coverage and do go with 2 AP's you'd want seamless roaming between AP's

DaveDave2013

That is great! They work really hard to offer all these great products :)

We have them at home as well. The only times the fibre was down is if no power and once when Vumatel was working on their infrastructure for 2-3 hours once.

Been with them for a year.

Bitco started their business fibre division before offering home products. While it does cost more than their Home devision's offerings their are many things they offer for that. On that side they offer a very high minimum uptime. They also offer excellent voip services.
That's good to hear - I am looking to move my office's VOIP from IS to them - so far I have only heard good things :cool: