Moving from Cool Ideas - The best ISP to move to

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I'm currently with CISP + Octotel (20/5) and want to cancel at the end of the month.

For the same price, I can get 50/50 with Mindthespeed + Frogfoot.
Anyone had any issues with Mindthespeed or Frogfoot?

blunt

Expert Member
So I ended up moving to Openserve + Afrihost Pure Fibre yesterday.
Network has been great for the past 24 hours :)

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Terrified to start on that :eek: it seems complicated and I'm not terribly tech. Will read up and see how much is understandable, tks @PsYTraNc3.
The configuration is not much different to setting up any other AP :)
The only complication is running a cable from one side of your house to the other

And then the price...

abudabi

Expert Member
Well you don't NEED a mesh system. 2 separate APs with 2 different SSIDs will also work. It's cheaper but obviously lacks the more advanced features that a mesh system would give you.

Horses for course

MEIOT

Expert Member
You need a mesh system then
Mesh is expensive.
You'd most certainly get better bang for buck going Unifi. And 2 different Ap's with different SID's makes no sense at all. If you want to better coverage and do go with 2 AP's you'd want seamless roaming between AP's

DaveDave2013

That is great! They work really hard to offer all these great products :)

We have them at home as well. The only times the fibre was down is if no power and once when Vumatel was working on their infrastructure for 2-3 hours once.

Been with them for a year.

Bitco started their business fibre division before offering home products. While it does cost more than their Home devision's offerings their are many things they offer for that. On that side they offer a very high minimum uptime. They also offer excellent voip services.
That's good to hear - I am looking to move my office's VOIP from IS to them - so far I have only heard good things :cool:

onpartydig

Well that sucks, if I were to ever leave CISP they were the ISP I would have considered them being relatively bigger and I'd assumed they'd come with better customer care.
I am with Vox and I really can't complain with their technical helpdesk. Their biggest problem is sales and finance, I have not seen any other company more useless.

blunt

Expert Member
Terrified to start on that :eek: it seems complicated and I'm not terribly tech. Will read up and see how much is understandable, tks @PsYTraNc3.
I have an Amplifi mesh system. Don't worry if you're not technical it really is very simple to set up. Works a *lot* better than using the same ssid across multiple APs (handoff when signal is stronger on a new point) and it is actually simpler to set up than multiple APs with same ssid.

maumau

Honorary Master
I have an Amplifi mesh system. Don't worry if you're not technical it really is very simple to set up. Works a *lot* better than using the same ssid across multiple APs (handoff when signal is stronger on a new point) and it is actually simpler to set up than multiple APs with same ssid.
Thank you, might be the way to go.

Rabobi

Executive Member
These are so easy to use, and amazing range, much better than a router and extender solution

eye_suc

Expert Member
I wonder how many CISP customers have been lost due to the major outages they have had the last couple of months. I think it would be an interesting figure.

Neighbours and family who were with other ISP's were fine, so I'm assuming it wasn't network wide (Vumatel).

Bionic

You got a link? Cheapest I've seen for the MW3 is about R1500
I think i might have misread the ad. I see Game is having a 2 pack on special

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Guys, if you are wanting to move and are not sure who to move to. All I can say is WEBSQUAD!
I am not even with them yet and they are already making my life easier!
They saw I was struggling with CISP routing so they provided me with a free VPN to use until I am moved over to them.
Not to mention all the efforts they are putting in to ensure my transition is smooth.