Moving from Pretoria to Cape Town

Hi everyone:)

I hope you are all well.. I will be relocating from Pretoria to Cape Town at the end of November as I will be starting a new job beginning of December (crappy timing- I know!).. I know that I am very delayed but I still haven't found a place to stay. I will be working in Century City. Can you please advise me on various areas that are reasonably priced? And if you know of any bachelor flats, granny flats or anything, please let me know..

Also- if you have any advice regarding my move, i would really appreciate it. Thank you kindly:)

Sparhawk

Depends what your budget for rent is. Century City and surrounding areas are in high demand and rental is high.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
yeah what is your budget

also depends on how you look we can tell you where to stay
Hot people stay in the CBD

Ugly people except @Honey Badger wife stays in kraaifontein side

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
traffic is kark to century city so maybe staying in goodwood thornton parow is ok

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
yeah what is your budget

also depends on how you look we can tell you where to stay
Hot people stay in the CBD

Ugly people except @Honey Badger wife stays in kraaifontein side
This man right here knows his schit.

Ladies between the ages of 19 and 40 are recommended to stay in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town due to climate and the effect that the aroma of the vineyards mixed with the breeze from the sea, have on their figures. If you want to get fat or are fat already (like those over 40's) please move to the Southern Suburbs or the Cape Flats or don't come at all, they've withdrawn the offer.

WAslayer

Expert Member
Give us a budget and we can be of more help..

If you want to live in close proximity to work, nice areas to look in would be Century City, Edgemead, Monte Vista, Parow North, Milnerton, Bothasig..

bheinche

Expert Member
Give us a budget and we can be of more help..

If you want to live in close proximity to work, nice areas to look in would be Century City, Edgemead, Monte Vista, Parow North, Milnerton, Bothasig..
Don't forget Vredekloof Heights, Stellenberg and Oakglen

WAslayer

Expert Member
Don't forget Vredekloof Heights, Stellenberg and Oakglen
No doubt they are nice areas, just not within the vicinity I was thinking and lack easy or quick access to public transport in case OP doesn't have a car for some reason..

bheinche

Expert Member
No doubt they are nice areas, just not within the vicinity I was thinking and lack easy or quick access to public transport in case OP doesn't have a car for some reason..
True, they do not have quick access to public transport. I was mentioning those areas thinking OP had a car. OP I live in Oakglen if you want a review of the area.

I have a car (which is taking quite a bit of my salary).. but I don't mind using public transport if it will save me time and money..

You could try and get place in blouberg or sunningdale, you can take myciti to work, won't need a car then.You can also walk to the beach etc.