Moving from VBulletin to Xenforo - Your feedback needed

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are considering moving from VBulletin to Xenforo. We are at end-of-life with VB4, and VB5 did not receive great reviews. Xenforo is the logical choice (the guys which were behind the great VB3), with more features and stable software.

The migration will cause some pain and is sure to break a few things. However, we think it will also bring benefits.

Your feedback on this planned move will be great.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Xenforo is a no-brainer. Then we can copy/paste images as well, amongst others. :)

Reactions: Yuu

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Xenforo is good,mybb doesn't use too much customizations that would break at least. Works perfectly well with tapatalk.

Thats a yes from me

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Toss-up between Discourse and Xenforo.

Busy evaluating a demo of Xenforo.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
[MENTION=1]rpm[/MENTION] - will the 10k posts per thread limit be lifted, or still enforced?

rorz0r

Executive Member
A lot of other forums have moved from VB to XenForo and it seems that mostly all has gone ok. MyBB has buggerall customizations/plugins from what I can see, so it should be pretty smooth.
As long as tapatalk works and the "new posts" button is big I'm happy.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Will our usernames + data be moved over or will we need to re-register?

Re-register. Us mods will be first in line, so we can pick and choose at usernames :p

Joking

I assume that there's utilities which will convert a VB database into a Xenforo DB without loss of posts, [-]dick[/-]funny pictures and the such.

Having taken a look at the demo, go for it.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Easy Styling

You can use XenForo's simple color changer to easily change the look to suit your needs. You can make further changes through an extensive style property editor, or edit HTML and CSS in your favorite editor. No code changes necessary!

Cool. Night mode for starters :D

Dave

Honorary Master
I use another forum that changed from VB to Xenforo, it was a painless transition (from a users perspective) and Xenforo is far superior.

Discourse is absolute crap, let's not even go anywhere near that pile of s**t...

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Re-register. Us mods will be first in line, so we can pick and choose at usernames :p

Joking

I assume that there's utilities which will convert a VB database into a Xenforo DB without loss of posts, [-]dick[/-]funny pictures and the such.

Having taken a look at the demo, go for it.

Phew! You nearly had me there!

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Hehe. It really does seem like a great upgrade. I actually can't wait now!

Played with the demo yet? Looks :love: :D

Inserting images is a breeze as well as source code etc.

Spoilers need a bit of experimentation, but do work.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Only issues i've seen in general is embedded data inside the forum db like uploaded attachments tends to break

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Always up for new things, is there anyway we can get a test forum going? Or maybe move a section over as a trial?