Moving from VBulletin to Xenforo - Your feedback needed

Praeses

Expert Member
As long as it has a proper dark retina-friendly theme, I'm happy :p

Dave

Honorary Master
It is a fairly big project - not easy with 12 million posts, multiple user groups and the like. We hope we can do it within the next 3 weeks.

[MENTION=1]rpm[/MENTION]

I presume there’s been a delay? Any new timescale of when you’re going to be migrating over?

Thor

Honorary Master
Yea Xen is fine, use it myself, better admin too.

Reactions: Yuu

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Can the buttons for Report, Edit and Delete be shifted across to the right? Having them directly below the content of posts really sucks as they frequently look like they are part of the content.

I'm still having the issue with the bottom of the quick reply box jumping around constantly as I type, once the post is more than 2 or 3 lines.

The default avatars really look nasty. I really hope you guys are going to hide them by default, even if it requires a manual override.

This forum has lost the ability of users to gauge the trust level of other members with a quick glance at their profile summary, and I think things would improve if that could be restored.

Something like this would be so much cooler imo:
Ultimate_Postbit1.jpg

Taken from here (which is actually just about the user rank ribbons):
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xengentr-ultimate-postbit.6253/

Many of the most long-time and frequently posting members took pride in their user stats, and now they look pretty much like any other newbie. Showing stats like the pic above and possibly adding some user rank ribbons could be a welcome addition.

Lastly, I'm not keen on the current rank titles. They don't seem to progress in terms of awesomeness as they go on. Honorary Master, for example, is silly. Why not adopt military ranks, as they're relatable, have a clear progression and are quite fun?

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
See if it's fixed if you disable it.

Damn, it does seem to fix the issue. I wonder why Grammarly does that. Been using it for years on a variety of forums and never had an issue like this. I'm hardly going to leave it disabled considering how good it is.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Damn, it does seem to fix the issue. I wonder why Grammarly does that. Been using it for years on a variety of forums and never had an issue like this. I'm hardly going to leave it disabled considering how good it is.
I wonder if it's because of how small the reply box is, we really should be able to drag to expand the height.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
@Bryn Are you using the CSS thing to make the forum wide, I had the jumping around but I just enabled Grammarly again for the first time since making mine wide and it seems fixed, so it's either because it's wide or the reinstall fixed it

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
@Bryn Are you using the CSS thing to make the forum wide, I had the jumping around but I just enabled Grammarly again for the first time since making mine wide and it seems fixed, so it's either because it's wide or the reinstall fixed it

Nope, not modifying the forum at all atm.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Nope, not modifying the forum at all atm.
I just disabled all my extra stuff and it no longer jumps around either so the only thing I did was reinstall it, maybe just delete it and install it again.