Moving from VBulletin to Xenforo - Your feedback needed

b_crazy

Expert Member
I can heartily support hiding the default avatars, as they just look ugly. But why on Earth would we want to block inline images? That is an important feature and was used extensively in the previous forum anyway.

When I scroll through a thread I'd like to choose whether or not to view images posted by forum members by clicking on a link and not for the image to be preloaded by default. This feature was there in the old forum and I never had to view memes etc unless I clicked on them.

Dave

Honorary Master
When I scroll through a thread I'd like to choose whether or not to view images posted by forum members by clicking on a link and not for the image to be preloaded by default. This feature was there in the old forum and I never had to view memes etc unless I clicked on them.

1999 called and asked what time you’d be back.

b_crazy

Expert Member
Kakpraati. Don't be stupid.

At least your user name suits your behaviour, I'll give you that.
You're stupid if you didn't realise that that very feature was there in the old forum and worked pretty well. Why must I view every image posted by a forum member when I scroll through a thread?

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

What old forum? The old MyBB certainly had in-line images.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
You're stupid if you didn't realise that that very feature was there in the old forum and worked pretty well. Why must I view every image posted by a forum member when I scroll through a thread?

You're stupid if you think it was like that, because it wasn't.

b_crazy

Expert Member
1999 called and asked what time you’d be back.
If 1999 meant were had more control over our viewing preferences, then by all means take me back there. I don't need to see your memes every 3rd post

Dave

Honorary Master
If 1999 meant were had more control over our viewing preferences, then by all means take me back there. I don't need to see your memes every 3rd post

You definitely have an appropriate username...

eg2505

Honorary Master
On web it's a bit of a change, especially when you can't see everything in one go like before.

Looks a bit weird with some of the comments and avatars,

But I giving it a solid go, it's not too bad so far.

b_crazy

Expert Member
That sounds a bit extreme.

Avatars are ok, maybe if more people took a little initiative and we had fewer placeholders and more avatars it would look better.

Block images in posts?? Wtf?
Well, not block, but show a link to the image instead.

Dave

Honorary Master

Here you go:

You can configure Google Chrome to disable the display of images in websites:
  • Click the Customize / Control Google Chrome button > Settings.
  • Scroll down and click on "Show Advanced settings".
  • In the Privacy section, click on Content settings.
  • In the Image section, select "Do not show images".
C41AB7DD-D9AC-4BD4-9B8A-91FDD98270D6.png

https://ccm.net/faq/28061-google-chrome-disable-the-display-of-images-files

Voila, your strange and peculiar problem is solved, you will never have to see any image again.

b_crazy

Expert Member

Dave

Honorary Master
Bravo! You've contributed nothing to what I was saying.

We used to be able to view the link of the image with the option of clicking it to view the actual image instead of seeing every image by default.

But thanks for the stupid suggestion.

We want to see the images, so you’re in a group of one with your stupid suggestion.

b_crazy

Expert Member
We want to see the images, so you’re in a group of one with your stupid suggestion.
So you answer for every forum member here? We need options to customise the forum to our liking, including changing the bright white theme or the super black theme amongst other settings.

This is an option that existed before. I'm not talking about half-arsed googled suggestions like you suggested with blocking images, because that's just stupid.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
the older forum had the ability to show or hide images ...i also dont like the show images as most people sit in open plan offices

so scrolling down and a dildo appears ...it isnt fun

clicking on it and getting caught is a different story

murray654

wheres the link to the last post in a thread? Never mind found it: click the "5 minutes ago" link

Now I am missing another feature "cancel" button is missing in the reply form.

Dave

Honorary Master
the older forum had the ability to show or hide images ...i also dont like the show images as most people sit in open plan offices

so scrolling down and a dildo appears ...it isnt fun

clicking on it and getting caught is a different story

Don’t use your work pc for forums if you’re supposed to be working.

Use your phone.