Mpisane’s guards assault driver in road rage incident

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Mpisane’s guards assault driver in road rage incident

An Uber driver who was allegedly assaulted by the armed bodyguards of prominent Durban businessman Sbu Mpisane in a road rage incident says he was pushed from pillar to post trying to open a case against his attackers.

The man‚ whose name is known to TMG Digital‚ said he came under attack and has video footage of the alleged assault‚ which took place in the upmarket suburb of Umhlanga on Monday.

He claimed he was he turned away from Durban Central police station and that police in Durban North told him they would not open a case of assault unless a witness could also testify on his behalf.

The driver said that he was disheartened by the conduct of police.

The 26 year-old from Ixopo‚ who now lives in KwaMashu‚ said he returned to the Durban North police station on Thursday morning with his witness‚ the person who filmed the incident.

“I’m afraid to go back to work‚” he said‚ speaking from the police station.

“I’m still traumatised and I feel I am being watched because I don’t know what I had done in the first place. But more traumatic is the police who are refusing to assist me. Is it because Mpisane is one of their own? I’m told he was a cop‚” he said.

He said that police had eventually agreed to assist him on Thursday and gave him a J88 form for his injuries to be assessed by a doctor.

Recounting the moments after the incident‚ he said a man by the name of Paul flagged him down and offered to send him the video via WhatsApp.

A video of the incident shows two well-dressed men with pistols on their hips alighting from a BMW X5. They proceed to hit the driver as he sits in a white Toyota on Umhlanga Rocks Drive.

The vehicle they drove‚ a dark-coloured BMW X5‚ is registered in Mpisane’s name.

Mpisane’s cellphone was switched off on Thursday morning.

The Mercury newspaper quoted the construction mogul and soccer boss as saying that he pledged to investigate the incident and confirmed the vehicle was registered in his name.

“I condemn bad driving and violence on the road. I am going to investigate the incident internally. If any of my employees are found to have committed an offence they will face internal disciplinary processes‚” Mpisane told the newspaper.

The police have yet to respond to questions.
[video=youtube;CtNPfkIa-3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtNPfkIa-3Q[/video]

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Looks like the ANC connected businessmen also have Blue Light Brigades that abuse the citizens.

bob1

..and why does a "business man" have flashing blue lights in his vehicle?

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
“If any of my employees are found to have committed an offence they will face internal disciplinary processes‚” Mpisane told the newspaper.
Is this not a legal matter which should be handled in the court of law not "internally"

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
..and why does a "business man" have flashing blue lights in his vehicle?
Its the Mpisane family.. they are the bees shiznit.

Can confirm that the vehicle is used by the family or its employee's since it is parked outside their house on their driveway every morning around 8am... And occasionally I have seen the armed security guards washing the vehicle as well.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
He got klapped. How brutal :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: I, Slootvreter, do not approve of or condone this behaviour.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Banana Republic...

Reminds me of those goons in "The Gods Must Be Crazy!"

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Luckily it was just a serious PK the oke got. And that he wasn't put into a coffin and threatened with cremation... WHOA now THAT would be bad.

Voicy

Honorary Master
Luckily it was just a serious PK the oke got. And that he wasn't put into a coffin and threatened with cremation... WHOA now THAT would be bad.
I dunno man, if some POS did this to my mom or any family member driving I'd be pretty upset.

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
I dunno man, if some POS did this to my mom or any family member driving I'd be pretty upset.
Youre in Norway. Vikings get upset easily. We understand. This is Efrika. Not much phases us. Unless of course there's a coffin involved.

airborne

Executive Member
Is this not a legal matter which should be handled in the court of law not "internally"
Internally means have a beer and a laugh with the guys involved.

The attitude of those guys and the subsequent police response shows clearly how above the law they are. Yoh

thechamp

Honorary Master
An employee has just done something which is against the law and in the process brought his employer into disrepute. The employer is well within his rights to follow whatever internal disciplinary processes applicable. This is what Mpisane is saying.

CaffeinePirate

Tbh they look more like white strobes. I've seen quite a few vehicles do this recently- I'm assuming to look like blue lights.
Still illegal though, unless they're security guards
RED, GREEN, WHITE LIGHTS

"The following identification lights may be fitted on vehicles the following vehicles:

Red lights - ambulances, fire-fighting or rescue vehicles;
Green lights - disaster management vehicles;
White lights - vehicles owned by registered security service provider and driven by a security officer."
http://www.saps.gov.za/faqdetail.php?fid=56