LCBXX

Honorary Master
Why? Didn't they see what happened with Nashua Mobile?

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
Why.do.companies.do.this.

They are a clothing company, not a cell phone company ffs. Its like having your life insurance with edgards.

Reminds me of a place i saw in randfontein once "piets car spares and take aways"

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Why.do.companies.do.this.

They are a clothing company, not a cell phone company ffs. Its like having your life insurance with edgards.

Reminds me of a place i saw in randfontein once "piets car spares and take aways"

ROFL!

I dont have a problem with this kind of thing really. From what I understand Tesco's being a grocery store in UK doing pretty well with their mobile offerings with good prices. I just think this offer from Mr. Price is pretty meh! /shrugs.

Oh and the fact that it is on Cell C ..... SUPER OOBER DOOPER MEH!

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Not the same thing. Nashua was a service provider, Mr Price is a virtual operator, like Virgin and Red Bull Mobile.
Huh? Nashua sold contracts on all networks whereas Mr. Price just sells for one. Same model, same challenges, same drawbacks.

Neo_X

Expert Member
Huh? Nashua sold contracts on all networks whereas Mr. Price just sells for one. Same model, same challenges, same drawbacks.

please add onto that that they are more expensive than Cell-c...

so you pay more for the same crappy service? :O

Allin

Expert Member
Not the same thing. Nashua was a service provider, Mr Price is a virtual operator, like Virgin and Red Bull Mobile.
Calling Nashua a "service" providers clearly indicates you never had to deal with them!

blunt

Expert Member
so wait, you are on Cell C, but pay more than if you went straight to Cell C?

i dont get it

koeks525

Expert Member
Mr Price Mobile....I do not think this will be sustainable....R1.79 per minute on voice...while others are offering 99c/79c (I hear there is 50 and 29c per minute). Next they running off Cell C's network, which isn't so great in quite a number of parts in the country.

I will be surprised if Mr Price Mobile becomes a success....

Jan

Drifting in the black

RBM is technically not an MVNO. Cell C does all the heavy lifting (distribution, logistics, support, billing), so it's just a Red Bull branded Cell C product.

Totempole

Expert Member
R 1.79/minute... that's daylight robbery.
+1

I had a Cell C bundle from Edgars. I was paying R35pm for R85 airtime. But I was being charged R1.60 per minute, billed per minute. Was still a good deal overall though, since it was only R35.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I can just imagine standing in the queue inside their 30 degrees Celsius+ stores trying to resolve a billing issue, not to mention being on SA's kakest network...