MrPrice Robbing Customers of their money

mthunzy1@gmail.com

Horrible MrPrice Account service, they keep adding money onto the balance I owe to them. My debt with them was R2500, I missed 1 month of payment where I was supposed to pay R265. The following month I paid R600 instead of R530 that was due so I could be on a positive. So after paying R600 from R2500 my balance was supposed to be R1900 but it wasn't. following month in July I paid R265, the balance on the slip I kept was R1810. From R2500 - the R865 I had paid my balance should have been R1600 and some change, not R1810. I kept the slip after paying because I was under suspicion of robbery already. Then in the middle of this month "August 2019" Mr price sends me my statement saying that now I owe R2100. I have been fuming becauhow does my balance (1) instead of being R1600 it's R1810 (2) to add insult to injury, they increase my balance owed to them from R1810 to R2100.

I have sent them maybe 15 emails in total on different days asking for my statements for the past 6 months, they have not done so. They ignore my emails. I sent emails to them every 3 days, they respond to acknowledge they got my mails but they don't respond. I'ts been 2 weeks now and my last email was yesterday where I sent out emails to all their departments, still no response.

Please be warned fellow South African, do not do business with MrPrice, they should be branded MrRobbery

gamer16

Honorary Master
I think it's a waste of time responding to a one post wonder, but why not just log into your MRP account to view statements? I'm also assuming that they email statements every month.
Jip

eehellfire

Executive Member
Horrible MrPrice Account service, they keep adding money onto the balance I owe to them. My debt with them was R2500, I missed 1 month of payment where I was supposed to pay R265. The following month I paid R600 instead of R530 that was due so I could be on a positive. So after paying R600 from R2500 my balance was supposed to be R1900 but it wasn't. following month in July I paid R265, the balance on the slip I kept was R1810. From R2500 - the R865 I had paid my balance should have been R1600 and some change, not R1810. I kept the slip after paying because I was under suspicion of robbery already. Then in the middle of this month "August 2019" Mr price sends me my statement saying that now I owe R2100. I have been fuming becauhow does my balance (1) instead of being R1600 it's R1810 (2) to add insult to injury, they increase my balance owed to them from R1810 to R2100.

I have sent them maybe 15 emails in total on different days asking for my statements for the past 6 months, they have not done so. They ignore my emails. I sent emails to them every 3 days, they respond to acknowledge they got my mails but they don't respond. I'ts been 2 weeks now and my last email was yesterday where I sent out emails to all their departments, still no response.

Please be warned fellow South African, do not do business with MrPrice, they should be branded MrRobbery
Report them to the relevant ombudsman, and then the National Credit Regulator

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Probably charging you interest, as they are supposed to.
A 16% interest month-to-month? That sounds a bit high, probably penalties for non-payment going off multiple times. Looking at statements is the best bet.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Nothing wrong with Mr.Price, I buy all my clothes from them. Not on credit though

LPCPT

You need to get a statement with a transaction list. That way you can see how they get to that balance. Maybe you're subscribed to some service as well.

blowdart18

A 16% interest month-to-month? That sounds a bit high, probably penalties for non-payment going off multiple times. Looking at statements is the best bet.
Not really, I have seen colleagues with 21% - 25% interest on accounts like these.

lkswan747

Interest, Interest Interest. Did you not read the terms and conditions prior to entering into the debt??? Maybe you are hoping that the debt would be written off?

eg2505

Honorary Master
super high interest on clothing accounts
woolies, edgars,ect ect...

if you dont have money, dont loan goods to look the part.
problem is most saffers love loaning expensive things they never ever pay off, and live on credit cards to pay off other credit cards...

same with PNP store cards, same with balloon payments, same with anything really that is LOANED and not brought outright.

Crowley

Executive Member
The high and mighty crowd is out in full force today.

Last edited: