MS 365 Business Standard - HP Shop Online took my money but doesn't have stock

rockNsurf

Guys please help, as i dont know my rights in this situation. I placed order for this software on the 24th August. Paid and cleared the next day. It states 1 - 5 working days for delivery. By yesterday i had not recieved it, so I called and spoke to Stanley. He says the order wasnt put through to the warehouse - he will check. Calls me back and says there is no stock (and i see today they have updated their system to reflect no stock). The software will only come (to them) on the 11th of September. He said he checked with their Durban Store in Gateway Mall, and they dont have stock. Today i called that store and Sandile says they do have stock lol, and at the same price.
But since the purchase, none of this was communicated to me via email, or otherwise. The online client zone just says order is being processed. There is no facility to check delivery status or tracking either. I see here that when i emailed them for payment confirmation, they sent me a standard order confirmation.

Now when i call HP Shop Online they are giving me the run around. The customer care agent, Fortunate, says its not allowed to pick up item at the branch anymore. Using every excuse not to allow me to speak to manager.

So what do i do? I purchased the software on behalf of a client. I am now out of pocket with an irate client that needs MS Teams ugently.

How do I get them to allow me to pick up from the store? If they refuse what recourse do I have, as their website showed in-stock but they misrepresented and took my payment?

WAslayer

Executive Member
If the client only needs MS Teams, why are you buying software..? MS Teams is a free download from the MS website...

rockNsurf

The owner of the company insists on puchasing it. He was advised that they would not have the full feature set with the free version.

rockNsurf

Update: Crisis averted. Got hold of the manager now. They still insist Durban does not have stock, but they are shipping it from their Clearwater branch to me; waybill will be emailed shortly. Let's wait and see.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
It states 1 - 5 working days for delivery. By yesterday i had not recieved it, so I called and spoke to Stanley. He says the order wasnt put through to the warehouse - he will check. Calls me back and says there is no stock
What they can't get you a key that should take a few minute?
1599047205272.png

Just buy it directly from MS https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/mic...business-standard?activetab=pivot:overviewtab . There is even a 1 month free trial so you can get it up and running before even paying for it.