• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

MS Edge closing randomly

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Hi,

Since a few days, my MS Edge is closing itself randomly without any error message, bug and does not restart by itself either. It usually happens after 10 minutes or so and always in the background, it never closed while I was using it.

For example, I never close Edge and when I come back with the laptop on sleep mode, Chrome is still opened while Edge closed.

Windows 10 is fully updated, Edge too, I've checked all the settings and searched Google but can only find a few other people having the issue, without any solution. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6vz737/why_havent_they_fixed_edge_randomly_closing/

Anybody has the same thing, or a fix for it?

Thanks

f2wohf

Honorary Master
I use at 99% Chrome but it functions quite badly with one odd website I use often.

And I'm OCD so I can't leave something not functioning willingly!

eg2505

Honorary Master
silly question this:

cant you just use internet explorer instead of edge for the one website?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
silly question this:

cant you just use internet explorer instead of edge for the one website?
I didn't even know it still existed (I jumped straight from Windows 7 straight to Windows 10 a few weeks ago with 7 years of MacOS in the meanwhile)

Will try, it's probably the best option, thanks!

Nod

Executive Member
Isn't is supposed to only stay open long enough to download a better browser? :whistling: