MTN’s “secret” fibre to the home broadband pricing revealed

S1ght

Expert Member
Line access fee AND a line rental fee...Sigh...When will they stop trying to milk us? >.<

Moshidi

Surely this estate has VDSL infrastructure? If so then a 40mbps business uncapped account makes more sense than this.

kianm

Honorary Master
Shame on you emptyN, access fee more like dstv access fee, just because you can ??? Shame shame shame

Petec

Expert Member
500gig.... on a 100meg line... do these guys even know what the internet is for? It's for getting stuffs, but at these ratios your fancy fiber will be like having a Ferrari in the garage that you only drive once a month.

Fek sakes. Stop upping the speed with no real way to use that speed to it's full capacity. Work on getting everyone 4-10 meg lines and offering quality service.

We saw this cr4p back in the days of ISDN and the ignorant and greedy way of things STILL hasn't changed 25 years later... Amazing.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Line access fee AND a line rental fee...Sigh...When will they stop trying to milk us? >.<
Wondering the same thing, except all you should be paying for is your bandwidth/throughput.

Dark fibre should become a thing and soon. It should be installed and maintained by the local municipality (read: our tax pays for the infrastructure) or some other provider that provides ONLY fibre infrastructure and the ISP should be your bloody choice (read: they should fight for the privilege of being used by customers).

And the ISPs should pay a percentage to the fibre provider for its maintenance and upkeep.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Why would one choose 10mb fibre over 10mb ADSl?

Only benefit I can think of is you'll get closer to 10mb on the fibre?

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Why would one choose 10mb fibre over 10mb ADSl?

Only benefit I can think of is you'll get closer to 10mb on the fibre?
Quality of service and contentions, would take 5mbps fibre over 10 or even 20mbps ADSL any day of the week.

Mr_M

Banned
In the United Kingdom - for R750 per month I can get a 76Mb fibre broadband link that has no cap and a telephone that I can use all weekend.

Edit: BT Sport is included in the package.

ajax

Executive Member
The fact that the upload speed is the same as download makes it an attractive offer.

Sean008

Expert Member
Mmmm. Vaseline and bending over is the order of the day AGAIN. More fleecing in store here