MTN 1 day uncapped for R40 is a lie

Defib

Expert Member
If you can't see where you are being a dick then forget about it. Tsk. I ask a simple question because I don't know. Halas case closed

HitmanV

Damnit, i should always come check here before i buy anything from any broadband company.. bloody thieves every last one of them..

I bought this package thinking ill get at least 4gb done, but 150mb.??? thats trickery... misleading...

imagine someone says you can have bottomless coffee while you sit at a restaurant but after your first cup they limit you to 1 drop per hour... THATS WHAT YOU MTN DOUCHE-NOZZLES HAVE DONE!!!!

soz for the rant,

Voldemort

Death eater
Damnit, i should always come check here before i buy anything from any broadband company.. bloody thieves every last one of them..

I bought this package thinking ill get at least 4gb done, but 150mb.??? thats trickery... misleading...

imagine someone says you can have bottomless coffee while you sit at a restaurant but after your first cup they limit you to 1 drop per hour... THATS WHAT YOU MTN DOUCHE-NOZZLES HAVE DONE!!!!

soz for the rant,
I managed 17gb over 24 hours using that option, were you expecting a terrabyte?:confused:

garp

Executive Member
It's technically not false as you don't get cut off, but by all reasonable measures it is very misleading.

wizardofid

Expert Member
Why don't you guys get the sky daily bundle the throttle speed is much better and it last longer as well, generally activate it at 12am, and it is even good enough to stream youtube when throttled however it's priced at R79.00, but since they have the midnight bundles @R10 a gig, I get 8 gig instead of 4.5 gig you normally get on sky daily.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
How do you use up 1GB in six minutes?
40Mbps connection, need to have that scheduler ready. :p

Broadband defined as:
South Africa’s broadband definitions

In 2006 the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) defined broadband as a service with a minimum download speed of 256Kbps in its ADSL regulations. No downlink speed was provided by ICASA.

The Department of Communications (DoC) recently defined broadband as “an always available, multimedia connection with a download speed of at least 256 Kbps” in its ‘Broadband Policy for South Africa’. No downlink speed was defined.

It is highly debatable whether download speeds of 256 Kbps are adequate to use all current Internet services without a fair amount of irritation. https://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadband/14016-what-is-broadband.html
Note that's ADSL from 2010. There is no actual speed definition.

2013 Yunus Carrim tried: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/government/87889-what-is-broadband-in-south-africa.html but that had no actual speed definition and don't think it passed.

Last edited: