MTN 1TB deals

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Yes, so they check whether you are in a qualifying area first.

The router/sim then gets locked to a tower. Same with Supersonic, neighbour has it and when he moves the router from one room to the next it drops after a while and Supersonic has to reactivate it again.

so if you between 2 houses you cant take this

cause with WFH i go to my mum and work and with the LTE i can use the sim in my phone also

Apogee

Expert Member
MTN Month-to-Month Data and Router Offers: Available from 01/10/2020 – 31/10/2020. New or existing MTN customers who sign up for an additional SIM and customers who are eligible for an upgrade on selected MTN Home Wi-Fi month-to-month plans or My MTNChoice Data month-to-month plans with a qualifying router will get the first month’s subscription free from MTN. The qualifying router must be paid upfront. These deals will be available on BRC, on selected My MTNChoice 20GB, My MTNChoice 10GB, My MTNChoice 5GB, My MTNChoice 2GB, MTN Home Wi-Fi 75GB, MTN Home Wi-Fi 110GB and MTN Home Wi-Fi 200GB price plans

You are reading the wrong fine print, which is not applicable to this 1TB deal.

This is the relevant part:

"The MTN Home Wi-Fi 1TB contract is a price plan that offers 1TB Anytime Data and 110GB Night
Express. The pricing will be applicable for 24-month contracts. The MTN Home Wi-Fi 1TB contract price plans come with a fixed-LTE Wi-Fi router."

netstrider

Expert Member
so if you between 2 houses you cant take this

cause with WFH i go to my mum and work and with the LTE i can use the sim in my phone also
Yeah the Telkom 1TB deal is not fixed, but you'll only be able to use it in a device that supports 1800Mhz or 2300Mhz (preferably both) and in areas where this frequency is available.

Matt91

Expert Member
I'm sure Web Africa or Afrihost will have a month to month deal

It doesn't seem like Afrihost partners with MTN anymore. Atleast in regards to LTE, seems like the company "Pure LTE" is their new partner. Maybe I'm wrong?

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
It doesn't seem like Afrihost partners with MTN anymore. Atleast in regards to LTE, seems like the company "Pure LTE" is their new partner. Maybe I'm wrong?

pure lte is from MTN

wizardofid

Executive Member
no as explained mychoice is the one you can go anywhere

with home lte they fix the lte to your router at home

Well considering just how good fixed LTE coverage from MTN is, might as well be any where :p

netstrider

Expert Member
Really so you can't even take it on holiday :(. So no turning it off and on again :p
I'm pretty sure it works the same as Supersonic fixed LTE, and that I know from personal experience is definitely locked to a tower. You can change the location once a year or something like that.

Maybe MTN will allow you to change location 2-3 times exactly for this purpose, but don't expect to take it to your mate's house every weekend and have it working.

• Haha
Reactions: LFX

wizardofid

Executive Member
I'm pretty sure it works the same as Supersonic fixed LTE, and that I know from personal experience is definitely locked to a tower. You can change the location once a year or something like that.

Maybe MTN will allow you to change location 2-3 times exactly for this purpose, but don't expect to take it to your mate's house every weekend and have it working.

Well then there is no point in having it then, I need a secluded and private space to view my hentai :D

Jake45

Expert Member
The 100 gig day + 100 gig night is R399 month to month but afrihost is R549.
I must say that these new MTN Fixed LTE offers look very good. Does anybody know what the penalties would be if you terminate an MTN Fixed LTE month to month contract early?

Crumbl0x

I must say that these new MTN Fixed LTE offers look very good. Does anybody know what the penalties would be if you terminate an MTN Fixed LTE month to month contract early?
If you take a device and cancel within 6 months, there's a R1000 fee, but otherwise no penalties whatsoever.
*edit* oh I realised you meant with MTN directly hehe, that I'm not sure of but it should be nearly the same.

azbob

Honorary Master

What do you mean terminate a month to month contract early? As in halfway through the month?