MTN Air Fibre in rural area

MeestaR

Expert Member
Hi everyone.
This MTN "AirFibre" seems promising, but do you know if its going to work in a rural area and outside of town?

Its not so rural'ish, because my parents get MTN 4G just outside of town.
The local WISPs is smoking their customers, paying R700 for 5Mbps uncapped, FUP at 500GB, and that is not constant, it can be very slow at times, to the stage where I get annoyed.

I just want to get them faster internet, where there is no FUP, and cheaper for faster. They mainly consume movies and series off DSTV Now, but sometimes the connection quality drops so bad, useless to watch.

Would be nice if they can have faster internet (more reliable and constant) for cheaper?

haroldj

Hi everyone.
This MTN "AirFibre" seems promising, but do you know if its going to work in a rural area and outside of town?

Its not so rural'ish, because my parents get MTN 4G just outside of town.
The local WISPs is smoking their customers, paying R700 for 5Mbps uncapped, FUP at 500GB, and that is not constant, it can be very slow at times, to the stage where I get annoyed.

I just want to get them faster internet, where there is no FUP, and cheaper for faster. They mainly consume movies and series off DSTV Now, but sometimes the connection quality drops so bad, useless to watch.

Would be nice if they can have faster internet (more reliable and constant) for cheaper?
This offer for me is basically hot air, where I live, there is only adsl and fixed LTE which are both pathetic service, we heard about aerial fibre, Rain 5g and now this, we just have to dream about it, Durban, yes, but available only in predominantly high income areas (fiber)