MTN Black Friday Discussions

wizardofid

Executive Member
@wizardofid I've had reasonable luck with the usual channels before it's just why can't they get these things right. Sounds like a legacy system they using that needs to be prodded and nudged to get working they need to change the way there data allocation and usage system works.

Mate kindly provide your cell number or escalation number, my contact is going to look into it the incorrect data depletion.

zedwhy

I have the 60gb day and 60gb night and I’m unable to data share which is BS. I’m supposed to data share the non promo data

Rizik

This seems senseless to me, PAYG call rate is R0.99 per minute which works out cheaper.

:oops: damn then it would be better to just buy rand value airtime

Dammit, no, I almost instantly forget peoples names :( sorry

Awww man, it was worth a shot. A guy called Themba at Retentions sent an email to the Sales department explaining my situation and in the email he's saying that i want the deal at R99, but he's "not sure how or who told him that" :eek:

PPogba

I upgraded yesterday to this deal yesterday afternoon for R149. When i saw on the forum that people were getting this deal for R99 i emailed the consultant (Tracy) and asked her about it. She said that there are a lot of "bogus" deals going around and that my deal is correct. :unsure:
She is avoiding giving you the deal

Rizik

She is avoiding giving you the deal

In the end she could not break my determination for a R99 deal. I told her to reverse it, she did not appear happy in her email lol. Spoke to an amazing gentleman at Retentions who assisted me and was able to provide me with the same deal for R99. Happiness!:D

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
In the end she could not break my determination for a R99 deal. I told her to reverse it, she did not appear happy in her email lol. Spoke to an amazing gentleman at Retentions who assisted me and was able to provide me with the same deal for R99. Happiness!:D
Great, will have a go at it.

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
Any details on the guy that helped you? Or any tips?

The-joker

Guys I have the 60 + 60 gig deal for 299. What's the final verdict on data sharing with this contract?

This_isKat

I upgraded my contract to the R399 deal yesterday and this is what my balance looks like. Surely, this is not right? I was previously on the BF deal which I took up in January 2017.
MTN.png

Rizik

Have you guys already received your promotional data? I've upgraded my contract on Saturday, I'm still waiting...

The guy i spoke to said that they are having a tough time getting through all the upgrades, but they have everyone's upgrades and they are working through it. Perhaps try giving them a call tomorrow.

citizensa

I upgraded my contract to the R399 deal yesterday and this is what my balance looks like. Surely, this is not right? I was previously on the BF deal which I took up in January 2017.
View attachment 584068

What’s the 399 deal? It looks like they are adding some free data as promotion now. I too received 2.5gb extra on my full months allocation on 99 plan

Rizik

Any details on the guy that helped you? Or any tips?

I spoke to a guy called Themba initially, and then a guy called Nel (think it's short for a difficult name) who was able to finally help me. But try to only speak to Retentions about the R99 deal as i have a feeling that they do not want the other dept's to know about it. In his email to the sales woman Tracy, he made as if i was crazy to want a R99 contract, but then i mailed him directly and he said it is for "Retentions (only)"